Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night I left it charging because the app was showing battery low and today I am trying to turn it on and nothing is happening. Anybody is facing the same problem?

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

@Sorokjo I would reach out to customer support.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

I have my Versa for like 4 months and I am experiencing the same issues. I love it but if I can’t this resolved. I am just going to but the Apple Watch and return my Versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have my versa for less than 12 month and already got it replaced twice for the same issue 😫

I really like it but I will give it only one try before I switch to another brand.

Just a quick question - how many of you had their device dying after swimming? I start to think that this might be the reason (although it is define marketed as compatible for swimming....)
Best Answer

Right I don’t know if this is the solution to your problems or not but it worked for me. I had the same problem as you are all having or something similar. It started on Sunday, I noticed that I had got an Email fromFitbit to say that my Fitbit Versa was low on charge, which I found strange because it was charged the day before to full capacity and I thought that didn’t last long. So when I woke up this morning the watch was as dead as a dodo. Black screen, no life in it at all. I pressed the left side button hoping that it had gone to sleep but still no response. So I put on the charger and usually it lights up notifying me it is charging but again not a sign that it was taking a charge. So I left it on the charge for a half an hour and when I came back to it again there was no life in it. So I thought, the battery must have depleted itself and it was going to take a long time to charge.So I went out for a walk and left it on the charge and I forgot about it. So it was on the charge for about 11 hours.....more than enough time to be working or to show signs of life.

Sadly, no. I said to myself this is useless I have only this device a month and here it is useless, not working. I then came to this Forum to see page after page of people complaint about their Fitbit not working and sending them back and getting refurbished ones and new ones and I read that if you hold down the buttons (all three buttons) for 10 seconds that will solve it. I did that and it didn’t work and I thought what if I hold the three buttons down a much longer time. So I did that, I held the three buttons down for about three minutes and suddeningly, it flashed up the Fitbit logo and it dimmed and then came back on and stayed on for over a minute. I thought it’s either bust or this appears to be resetting itself. And suddeningly the time came up and everything is working. It’s as if it has woken up from a deep deep sleep.

so I don’t if it is a Solution but it’s worth trying, it can do no harm, it worked for me. Hold down all three buttons for about three minutes or until the Fitbit Versa Logo comes up and then let go.

Best Answer

@Lordsnooty yes, you're right. That's why I always recommend playing with times when performing 3-button factory reset. I find it extremely tricky to perform. Nevertheless, please keep us posted how your battery behaves after the reset, or reboot in this case.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Will do........what I have quickly just noticed is the clock is slow by about 10 minutes here in the UK but I can’t fix it now as it is very late here at about 1.50am in the morning but if I get a chance tomorrow I will adjust that and hopefully that will be it sorted (fingers crossed)

Best Answer

Mine does the same thing every time I charge it. When this happens I put it back on the charger until it turns on again. So basically I have to charge it twice every time the battery is low

Best Answer

@Lordsnooty thank you! 😊😊😊

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Thank you soooo much! Holding down those 2 buttons worked! I was freaking out because my versa would not turn on! Thank you!!!!

Best Answer

No Problem. Remember I was in the same position as you, with what appeared to be a totally Dead Fitbit. Plus all Fitbit where offering was a possible remedy to hold down the buttons for 10 seconds. I did that and it didn't work.....nothing happened. I then left it on the charger for most of the day and still, it didn't work. Then I saw all these messages that basically said the same thing that Fitbit Versas where useless and people wanted to send them back. I thought surely that can't be right has Fitbit put out a dud, a rubbish product....surely not and then I thought what if I held all three buttons down for a couple of minutes, just like I do with my iPad when it freezes and does some stupid things. 

I just wish Fitbit would make this suggestion of holding down all three buttons for a couple of minutes common knowledge.....maybe they wouldn't get all these Fitbit Versa's back to be replaced....just a suggestion

Best Answer

I got my problem resolved after exhausting all troubleshooting topics Fitbit concluded that I was still under warranty so the mailed me a new one and it is working fine as of now. Thank you Fitbit for the excellent customer service. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. My Fitbit Watch been dead for a day now . I’m still trying to figure out how’d it happened and how I could fix it. 

Best Answer

Hi there. First of all is the Versa fully charged. If it is try this hold the THREE BUTTONS in for a couple minutes (yes not 10 seconds as Fitbit says and not two buttons but 3 buttons) . With me the Fitbit logo came up and I let go of the buttons and everything came back to normal. If that doesn’t work then I would suggest that contact Fitbit and tell them what has happened and I’m sure they will send you another one (I don’t if it will be new or refurbished but it will work). Try my solution first and see if that works and if so let us know

Happy New Year

Best Answer
I’ve tried everything nothing works . I’m probably going to get my money
back . I don’t want to deal with that .
Best Answer
0 Votes

I charged mine overnight and have tried all of the above options for my Versa. It will not turn on. I had the same thing happen to my Charge and I gave up on that. Hoping the Versa would be better. I don’t think I’ll repurchase anything from Fitbit. I’ve only had my Versa for a couple months.

Best Answer
I returned mine and got my full money back. I won’t be buying anything from
Fitbit, they don’t work . I’ve only had mine for less than a month .
Best Answer

Yippee!  My DoDo Bird woke up.  Thank you for the tip. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get your versa to work?

If you did how did you do it because mine is doing the exact same thing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No , I returned it and got my money back . I couldn’t get it to work at all
. I’m planning on getting an Apple Watch instead, I don’t trust Fitbit
watches anymore .
Best Answer

Hi,

I’ve had my Fitbit Versa for a month now and it just died and won’t come back on. I have tried restarting it.  The logo flashes then the screen just goes gray  and it vibrates but doesn’t come back on.  Can you please help?

Best Answer
0 Votes