Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night I left it charging because the app was showing battery low and today I am trying to turn it on and nothing is happening. Anybody is facing the same problem?

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

I was not able to get mine turned on again.  The support line insisted on sending me a new charger, however, I do not believe that it is not getting power because the screen glows when I tried to restart it.  The support line asked for a photo or video of the glowing screen to prove it had power.  Unfortunately, when I tried to take a photo or video, the glow was not discernable.  Because I could not prove it had power, the original plan was to send me the charger to see if that was the issue and then, if not, have me send my Versa back in order to get a replacement.  After insisting (and the support person speaking to their supervisor multiple times), they agreed to have me ship my Versa back for testing.  Once that is done, I will get a replacement.  I have not received any communication from Fitbit since last Thursday, so I have no idea of the status.  So, will be without my Fitbit for quite a bit - disappointing.   It is especially disappointing when this appears to be a common problem based on all of the similar issues you can see via posts in this community.   Going back to my Apple Watch and may just stick with it after all of this.  

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. It is very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Word of advice for everyone having this issue.. return it to the place of purchase and get a refund. Then buy a better product. I've return my versa for a garmin and zero problems. Fitbit didn't want to acknowledge the problem that clearly alot of users are having so stuff them... haha

Best Answer

I have the same problem following a couple of days when the battery charge only lasted a few hours. 

I went through the 'Support' process:

1. Charge your tracker to a 100%. This could take up to 2 hours.
2. Use your tracker as usual, enable background sync on your iOS device. To do so, open your Fitbit app, tap your tracker’s tile, scroll down and enable the "All-Day Sync" toggle.
3. Do not charge it until it's battery is completely drained.

I was told this morning that 'someone will contact me and take me through the Return Policy & Warranty process', and that it may take 5-7 working days. That's poor when a new device could be delivered in 24 hours. I guess the focus is on getting customers not retaining them...

Best Answer
I sent my versa in on 6/25 and didnt get a refurbished one, yes,
Refurbished... Not brand new... anyways. I didn't get that till 7/18ish.
It'll take more than the 7 to 10 business days. I'm a big fan of fitbit...
but their customer service lacks for sure.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought my versa in June and it turned itself off and now won’t charge or  turn on

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m tired of getting it troubleshooted. It’s no use. Yes, there is something wrong with Versa. I am very disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Versa died today.  I tried the restart and nothing..... I have only had the watch since the end of May.  What now?

Best Answer
Chat with the customer service. Theyll help... it might take a little
while, but they'll help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Tom,

Customer service took a while to do the checks and reboot etc. and they are very responsive. They are sending me a replacement though I’ve not received it yet. I hope my replacement arrives and does not die on me again. Seems to be a product fault but the Fitbit team must be applauded for their service.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dorislee I'm glad you had a good experience. Personally I haven't heard anything from anyone at FitBit for nearly two weeks. My 2 month old Versa was returned 10 days ago and nothing, nada.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I am new to Fitbit but I have the same problem that my versa does not turn on. The screen just totally blank and black. I tried advices here but nothing seems to work so far. My versa is just less than a month. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

good afternoon 

my Fitbit versa is not turning on or charging ,tried multiple usbs 

and tried reset .with no luck

is there any other steps that I'm missing ?

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried your tip. Still wont turn on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

My name is Rebecca and I have a Fitbit Versa that is only 4 months old and am having the same problem--it will not turn on/appears dead. I will RESTART it tonight to see if that helps. but if not, do I go back to Target to get a replacement or do I work with Fitbit to get a replacement? P.S. I am addicted to the Versa and the Fitbit app, so I need to resolve this ASAP -- lol

Rebecca

Best Answer
Hi Rebecca,

I totally understand the “addiction”. Lol. I got help from the customer service and they replaced my unit. My current unit is working fine for now. Fingers crossed. Liaise with them on your issue.

Cheers,

Doris

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I would contact Fitbit customer support....
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, how do I do that?

~ Rebecca ~
Best Answer
0 Votes
I would try calling their customer service line. Unless you paid for
warranty with target?
Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer