Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night I left it charging because the app was showing battery low and today I am trying to turn it on and nothing is happening. Anybody is facing the same problem?

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1,070 REPLIES 1,070
Just return it to where you bought it from . I don’t trust Fitbit watch at
all . They should give u back your money , you have 30 days to
Return it or they’ll give u another one . I know a lot of people that have
trouble with Fitbit watch .
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the forum. Have you tried 3-button factory reset? 

1. Press and hold all 3 buttons until Fitbit logo flashes (this usually takes around 15 seconds but may take up to 3 minutes)
  2. After Fitbit logo disappears, release the bottom right button
  3. Wait until you feel strong vibration and release the other buttons.

You may need to attempt the reset a few times to find the optimal times. Trying holding the buttons longer, as long as it's needed for the vibration to appear.

If you're successful with factory reset, please remember to remove Versa from your Fitbit account (in your Fitbit mobile app) and Paired Devices list in your phone Bluetooth settings as you will have to set it up again (add as a new device).

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

Hi Mandy, I'm experiencing the same problem as yours. Were you able to solve this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried mine and Marmadukes solution which is this:-

1. Press and hold all 3 buttons until Fitbit logo flashes (this usually takes around 15 seconds but may take up to 3 minutes)

You may need to attempt the reset a few times to find the optimal times. Trying holding the buttons longer, as long as it's needed for the vibration to appear.

in my case it took longer than 3 minutes. 

It it may work or you may have to talk to Fitbit about a replacement. I have had other fitbits in the past and problems have happened and I have found Fitbit Customer Service very understanding and have replaced any defective units without any hassle. I know that this shouldn’t happen but life and gadgets have flaws and nothing is perfect.....nothing at all. So try the above solution and if that doesn’t work (and remember to fully charge it) contact Customer Services and get a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried the factory reset and it didn’t work. After chatting with support, they are sending me a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Held 3 buttons down for 5 minutes and still won’t turn on. It’s only 7 months old. Might switch to another device

Best Answer
0 Votes

@808sue you should reach out to Customer Support as this seems to be a hardware issue.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
Not after this incident. It never gave me this problem from the time I purchased in July 2018 up until this incident.

They are giving me a new one so at least they stand behind their product.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Versa is having the exact same problems. Woke up to it completely off which is odd because I just charged it yesterday. I also do not have any watch face from any third party. I do not know what to do. I have tried everything to turn it on. Help please!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I phoned them and within a few minutes they decided to send me a new one. I should have phoned them right away because I fussed around for days. Great service

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The main thing is NOT to PANIC

The same thing happened to me after I had charged.....it was completely dead....nothing happened. I thought my goodness that didn't last long, what a bundle of TRASH. I have had many fitbitsand nothing like this had happened to me. I held all the buttons down for roughly about a minute and nothing happened. I went to this Forum and I had seen what people where saying that I should hold the buttons down for a complete minute...but that didn't work still...... no screen. So I left it for about an hour and did what they said and held all the three buttons down for a minute but still nothing. So I left it for a day and I thought maybe it had been overcharged maybe it will have run down a little to let it work. I tried turning it and again it didn't work. I was ready to throw it in the bin or write to Fitbit and tell what a load of junk they had. So desperate I decided to hold the three buttons in but this time I thought I will hold them in for much longer....what had I loose, sure it was going into the bin or being sent back to them and asking for my money back.

So I did this:-

in my case it took longer than 3 minutes. 

It worked, it came back from a deep deep sleep and has been working really fine.

If this doesn't work for you then phone Fitbit customer Service and tell them what you have done to fix it and I am sure you will get a replacement ....their customer Service is second to none

best of Luck and let me know how you get on

PS try leaving the Fitbit alone for a day and then try the above method

Best Answer

Hiya, please can support contact me. My Fitbit versa has got the black screen and won’t restart. I have tried to complete restart and this doesn’t work. It doesn’t show charging once in the cradle to charge. It’s pickinh something up on the ap as it’s stoll counting steps etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I would advice you to contact Customer Support ASAP. you have to do that yourself. Either call or email them about your issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rubyannboris  I will flag your post for a moderators attention. They should be able to help you.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Lights on back of my Versa quit flashing. Did the 3 button 10 second reset. 

Now one flashes intermittently.  It the small light of the four. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't mean to be rude or cheeky but have you not read numerous previous messages in this thread about the 10 sec reset?

Obviously NOT.

If you had taken the time to read this thread you would have seen that in general 10 secs doesn't work whereas it's a combination of at least 3 minutes to 6 minutes and having the versa fully charged and left for 24 hrs. I would suggest you read the other comments in this thread

Best Answer
0 Votes
You re right. I posted, then read other posts.

The restart took a few minutes till the phone started reading heart rate.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So Jim is it working now?

if it is that is good, maybe you can post how you got it to work again so that others can learn how it is done.

i wish Fitbit where monitoring this thread and would see that the 10 sec rule doesn’t really work and they should make the time a lot longer.

anyway all’s well that ends well

Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems to be. It didn’t record my sleep last night. I’ll see if it does so tonight.
It wasn’t recording my heart rate this morning. After reset it is.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes you have to reset it as if it is a new Versa (which is a real pain) but it will now work and give you  sleep readings and the correct time.

Best Answer
0 Votes