Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night I left it charging because the app was showing battery low and today I am trying to turn it on and nothing is happening. Anybody is facing the same problem?

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

I have tried all the things recommended on these forums. It won't charge, won't turn on, won't do anything. I have tried other oulets, other chargers, nothing works. Should I just return it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Chat with customer care. You will be assisted and advised on what to do. They are always very friendly and ready to help

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
When I had my problem my watch face still lit up and showed the time. It also recorded steps. It did not register heart rate, which also prevented sleep data. I noticed that the little blinking light on the back side was not working.

I did the “hold all three buttons till Fitbit logo appears” thing. At first nothing happened. So I did reset again. I think I did it four times.

After a few minutes the little light started flashing intermittently. A few minutes later (about 15 or 20) it flashed constantly and started recording heart rate. This happened 5 days ago and since then has worked fine.

I think I read a blog saying the reset could take a while (up to 24 hours).

Jimshan
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
To everyone having this problem return your Versa and Fitbit will replace it right away

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Customer Services and rell them what you have done to try to fix it and they should send you a replacement

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did that, would not turn on, uninstalled the app reinstalled , set the versa back to factory like it came, will not turn on. The Fitbit logo comes on and turns off, if I use left button to turn on clock, will not turn the actual versa on.

What number did you call to get action on your problem 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I clicked on help center and had live chat. They are sending a new one.

Best Regards,

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Referrals are the best compliment!

Best Answer

Before you contact customer services have tried this solution? :-

1. Press and hold all 3 buttons until Fitbit logo flashes (this may take up to 6 minutes)
  2. After Fitbit logo disappears, release the bottom right button
  3. Wait until you feel strong vibration and release the other buttons.
  4. Make certain your Versa has had a full charge.
  5. If it has had a Full charge or maybe has been left on the charger for a full day, then I would leave it for a day and try steps 1 - 3 again

You may need to attempt the reset a few times to find the optimal times. Try holding the buttons longer, as long as it's needed for the vibration to appear.

in my case it took longer than 3 minutes. 

If the above doesn't work then you will have to talk to Fitbit about a replacement. I have had other fitbits in the past and problems have happened and I have found Fitbit Customer Service very understanding and have replaced any defective units without any hassle. I know that this shouldn’t happen but life and gadgets have flaws and nothing is perfect.....nothing at all. So try the above solution and if that doesn’t work (and remember to fully charge it) contact Customer Services and get a replacement.

Customer Services

Best Answer
0 Votes

It won't charge or turn on, replacement is on the way.

877-623-4997

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Chat with customer care. You will be assisted. Fitbit has very good customers care relationship. If your fitbit won't work, it will be replaced

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Charged it overnight and it is still black - no sign of life and not showing that it is charging when in holder. Tried pressing all 3 buttons and it appears to be trying to switch on but then just died again. Any solutions? Had nothing to problems with the device since I got it last year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They're sending me a replacement, but I do think this watch is a lot of work to keep going. I called 877-623-4997.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try resting it for a day or so. Then try holding the three buttons down for about 5 mins or the Fitbit logo comes on. If that doesn't work then get in touch with Customer services and tell what you have done and they will send you a replacement unit.

Let us know how you get on

Best Answer

Thanks - still no joy although think it might be a screen issue now as it was synching and the alarm went off this morning.  Just can't see anything other than a black screen.  Going to contact Fitbit to ask for a replacement.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Total joke experienced

@eyadqarooni wrote:

Last night I left it charging because the app was showing battery low and today I am trying to turn it on and nothing is happening. Anybody is facing the same problem?

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

the same thing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@808sue @medavis68 @Jendivico @katiemacny  I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm so glad to hear that you were sent a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here.

@Jimshan I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Versa is working properly now.

@Rubyannboris I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Versa won't turn on. I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they contacted you via email. Was a solution provided?

@Akint @NellyG @Lordsnooty  Thank you so much for your help guys!

@Alisoncm I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Versa is not turning on. I would like to follow up and would like to know if you contacted our Support team. If so, was a solution provided?

@MidnightAmbtion Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm also sorry to hear that your Versa is not turning on either. If you haven't done so, please restart your tracker as described in this help article. After this, clean the contacts of your tracker and charger with a cotton swab. Finally, charge your tracker for 3 hours and see if it comes back to life or if the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly.

I'll be around if any questions arise guys!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted the support team and awaiting a response.  The device is still failing to power up.  There is no longer a green light on back either. Really disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

MidnightAmbition personally this happened to me when I left my Versa overnight to charge. I don't think that's a good idea, it seemed to overcharge it. I did what others told me and charged it for another 3 hrs but again it didn't work. So I left it for over 24 hrs and then tried holding down the 3 buttons on Versa for over 3 minutes or more or until the Fitbit Logo came up

If this works you will have to reinstall your Versa on your PC profile. Hope this helps and if not contact Customer Services and seek a replacement

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alisoncm I'm glad to hear that you've contacted our Support team. You are in good hands now and they'll be happy to provide a solution.

@Lordsnooty Thank you for sharing your experience and the steps you followed. Please don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance and I'll be happy to assist you.

See you guys around!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer