Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa2 won’t stay connected to Wifi at home

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Ive only had my versa2 for a couple days and I notice that I only receive text alerts when I it is connected to my wifi when I am at home... (fine). The problem is that it won’t stay connected.. so, for example when I woke up this morning, I checked it and it said “nothing new here” but when I looked at my phone I had 3 unread text messages... is this a glitch? Why won’t it stay connected!! I have had to manually go in a number of times already this morning and connect it to the wifi again and it doesn’t last! Getting a little annoyed!! Help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Mccreary88 and a warm welcome.  I am under the impression that the Versa and Versa 2 only need to use wi-fi for firmware updates and transferring music.  Wi-fi transfers data faster.  Text notifications use a Bluetooth connection to your phone.

What phone do you use?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

thanks for the info..  have an iPhone.. would that make a difference? My Bluetooth has been connected but I’ll check it to make sure it stays connected...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Bluetooth hasn’t been off at all... so I’m not sure that is the issue...the only thing I noticed is that when I connect to the internet the messages come through, and when It’s not they don’t come through... anyone else have this issue??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your watch must stay within 20 feet of your phone to get all the notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone has either been in my hand/pocket or less than 0.5 ft from me this whole time! 

Best Answer
0 Votes