Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verse underestimating calories burned

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There have been a lot of emails about how the Versa overestimates calories burned, including counting steps while driving. This has happened to me, too. However, when I am on an elliptical or treadmill, the calorie count number is much LESS on my Versa than the number that appears on the machine I’m using.  Either the Versa is wrong, or the machines at the gym are wrong. My Versa that will show 50 to 60 fewer calories burned on a 25 minute workout than the number on the equipment. This happens, regardless of which machine I choose.  Any ideas?  TIA!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This isnt a comment on your particular situation, but gym machines are a bit notorious for overestimating calories. Your best measue is probably to do some googling on the exercises you are doing as see whatvthe ball park figure are for someonenif your physical stats.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

This isnt a comment on your particular situation, but gym machines are a bit notorious for overestimating calories. Your best measue is probably to do some googling on the exercises you are doing as see whatvthe ball park figure are for someonenif your physical stats.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Good suggestion. Thanks!

Best Answer