Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration not working for text/call notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa isn't vibrating or telling me when i get a call or text.  When i pull down they are there but i want the notification.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
390 REPLIES 390

So, I have been sitting here playing with my watch and if you hold down the left button, the music shows up, but swipe over and my notification settings were turned off even though the settings on the app portion of my watch and my phone said it was on.

Best Answer

I thought I would share my "ordeal" with this topic.  Received my Versa yesterday and ran through the setup.  Everything worked fine except the text feature.  For the life of me, I wasn't able to fix it.  I went through forum after forum...no help.  I did everything everyone else did but no luck.  I called fitbit customer service and the gentleman that spoke with me put the issue on Verizon, and that it would be fixed with the next update.  It still bothered me until this morning.  I went through my notifications on my iPhone 7.  (settings...notifications...messages...show in history.)  once show in history was turned on, wha-lah!  ive been receiving texts all morning.  Hopefully someone else can benefit.  Apologies fitbit...but the moderators and customer service seem to be no help whatsoever, outside of thanking people for entering the forums and being able to turn their fitbits on.  

Best Answer

This happened to me and I was so frustrated. Until I realized I accidentally turned notifications off on the actual watch. 

SOLUTION: Press and hold the left button and turn notifications back on!

-Vanessa

Best Answer

This happened to me and I was so frustrated. Until I realized I accidentally turned notifications off on the actual watch. 

-Vanessa

Best Answer

-Vanessa

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're an iPhone user there is a known bug right now with iOS and notifications. I went through every guide and suggestion and was told by support that they are working on a fix but nothing can be done currently.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They told me to turn off Versa , turn off blue tooth on phone , go to blue tooth on phone and lose the Fitbit device , but all of that didn't work bc no one told me to hold down left button on Versa then turn notifications on !
It was an easy fix .. I must've turned it off on accident

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! I didn't expect your advice to work (especially after reading the other posts and how much trouble people were having) but it did work. I shut my notifications off the other day and did not realize it at the time. Just now, I held down the left button, like you suggested, and it showed notifications as off. I turned it to on and I am receiving notifications again. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this! I was trying everything and it wasn't working and here you came like a knight and shining armor. LOL! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

YES!!!!  This is EXACTLY the solution I have been looking for for about a week now! 

Best Answer

Thanks for this!!

Best Answer

Hey @vfos, great to see here. @samloulyn and @stargayle9 welcome to the Forums.

Thanks for sharing that tip. I am glad to hear that this worked for you and that your Versa are now working properly. If there is anything else you need help with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Now my watch won’t pair with my phone. Sick of this thing already and I just got it in May. Should have paid the extra money for the Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa has been doing the same thing,not vibrating with notifications. I’ve called Fitbit twice and they never told me to hold down the left button. Thank you,apparently my notifications were turned off also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this information. I unimuninsta the app and reinstalled it. I was getting ready to do a factory reset on the watch when I saw your post. I don't know how I turned it off but I did. Thanks again!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Holding the left button sorted this for me, thank you! Amazing that the help guys have you doing all sorts of things when it’s actually simple to fix. I too never purposely turned mine off and had notifications set to ‘on’ on the app, the phone settings, and via settings on the watch. The only bit that was off (presumably) was from holding that left button. Design fault? It’s obviously happening to a few people. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I have my Versa linked with my iPhone 8. Both have the latest updates installed but I’m having the weirdest problem. My text notifications are coming through to the Versa, but it is not vibrating to let me know something came through. I’ll look at my watch periodically through out the day and see a notification there, but there’s no vibrating. It does vibrate when I get a call, but not texts! I rely on that a lot through out my work day so it’s driving me pretty nuts. Any ideas?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

@Tristian101 -- THANK YOU!!! I had obviously done the same thing at some point

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Floweface.

I would like to know if you have tried to restart your Versa? If you haven't, I recommend restarting it by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tristan101, bro thank you for that tip ,you answered the question better than the fitbit moderators and I tank you, fixed my wifes versa

Best Answer
0 Votes