Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration not working for text/call notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa isn't vibrating or telling me when i get a call or text.  When i pull down they are there but i want the notification.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
390 REPLIES 390

That was awesome! I was having the same issue and figured out notifications were off on my fitbit. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was the solution I needed. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue!  I can see all my messages, it just doesn't vibrate.  I called customer service, no help.  I saw several of you mentioned holding down leftside button.  I just did that and it was off.  And that fixed it!!!!  Why didn't the person on the phone have me do that??  Thank you so much for the tip.

Best Answer

You are a hero! Thank you!!

Best Answer

Hi all 

I'm wondering if someone can help me. I've just bought the Fitbit Versa and everything is setup but I don't seem to be getting notifications from text messages through. Vibration works on other settings but not texts, calls etc. If I do the test call from the app this works but not my usual stuff. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) mobile. Since setting up too my phone doesn't seem to vibrate anymore with texts even though the settings are setup for it to. 

Fitbit app version: 2.76.1

Firmware version: 32.32.10.15

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also done the following:

Reset Fitbit

Reset phone

Unpaired > paired

Reset Versa 

Turned phone off vibrate 

P.S - I'm not at work and it doesn't seem to want to sync anymore 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I cant see your phone on the Supported Devices List which is probably why you are having problems with notifications (they are one of the more common things to have problems with in an unsupported phone). All you can do is go through THIS Help Article on troubleshooting notifications and see if anythingbthere helps. Let us know how you go 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@MEBates wrote:

I found the fix on a different discussion board this morning. Hold the left button down until the notification setting pops up and make sure it is on. Mine had turned off.

This solution worked for me too. No idea how it got turned off. Was surprised to find a "second" Notifications setting, as the left button hold setting is different to the setting under the gear icon in the apps menu. Thanks to MEBates for the solve!

Best Answer

Hello,

My FitBit syncs steps, exercise, etc. but is not vibrating when I get a text or call. I have checked notifications on my iPhone, I have checked Bluetooth and settings on my FitBit itself. 

Help! 🙂

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This also fixed the issue for me. Thanks for posting. Notification vibration was set to ON everywhere else but somehow this "quick setting" was turned off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of these steps, updated app, restarted Versa and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  I am getting all notifications to Versa, just no vibration.  Yes, I am aware of holding the button down and the other options for vibration (duh).  Works on a test call from app, just not any actual notifications.

The only thing I cannot find is where you recommended going into Fitbit App and "Disable Lock" under Account.  There is no option anywhere for that on my app.  I clicked on everything I could click on in app to find it.

Any other ideas?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The feature you are looking for may only be available in the Versa model that has the "Pay" functionality (NFC)!

Aside from that, holding down the left button until the vibrate quick setting appeared has worked for me...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have the Pay option on mine. 

The first thing I checked was the quick settings button on the left.  I have tried turning that off and on several times as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kjanoyev2, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Tell me, have you restarted your Versa already by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? If so tell me, is your Versa vibrating when an alarm sets off or when you press the buttons on the side for 2 seconds? If not, please let me know so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Sorry then, aside from all the things that you've already tried, I'm out of
suggestions...

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer
0 Votes
It does vibrate when alarms are set.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue.  I noticed my "All-Day Sync" was no on - so I toggled it to on and I am now receiving vibrating notifications on my watch.  Wondering if this fix will help you. 

Good luck!

🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa will not show my notifications for texts or phone calls, nor does it vibrate when I receive either.  I did all the the steps that you good people suggested, and then got on a chat with the fit bit tech. He had me do all the steps over again. Then, after an hour, he told me that they are already aware of the problem and that I have to just wait for them to figure it out.  I know some of you have had this issue, but has it ever not resolved itself after following the steps. I feel like fitbit is just buying time by using that excuse. Otherwise, they would have told me there is an issue when I first started.  Help!

Best Answer

I am on a Samsung Galaxy 9+ and at first was recieving emails, texts and phone calls then they just stopped. I also would like to know how to resolve the issue as I have tried everything. Very frustrating when you buy a product (Versa Limited edition) after alot of research only to end up having many issues and minimal support and help. This is my first fitbit product and I am not impressed.Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Like I said I was on chat with them for an hour! Then after I jumped through hoops, they told me they already knew. I just have to wait!
Best Answer
0 Votes