Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration not working for text/call notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa isn't vibrating or telling me when i get a call or text.  When i pull down they are there but i want the notification.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
390 REPLIES 390

Thank you so much!  So simple.  I turned it back on and now I'm getting the notifications/vibration.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! My brother must have done this accidentally when he put on my new band. I've been trouble shooting like crazy. So happy I came across your message. All is right in the Fitbit Versa world again. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes
☺️
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey folks! I hope you are doin' great! 

@Kgator001@Lissie, @SunsetRunner, @Niki1311@Katiefox24@Michaelcaley@Tracey040372@pennyandbrandy@PicklesBaby86@Fitterbythebit@NPayne@NanaSuez@Lynnard27@Umlander@PamKen@Hmorrison1037@AlaskaGirl59 and @Ker_Bear, I appreciate the update! Sounds great that your Versa are vibrating when you receive a notification. I also appreciate that you have shared the tips that worked for you here in the Community! Don't hesitate to keep me posted if you need anything else. 😉 

@SunsetRunner, please note that the Fitbit Versa receives notifications while your phone is in Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode, but your device won’t vibrate or wake the screen. To view notifications, swipe down from the clock screen.

If paired to an Android phone, your Fitbit watch or tracker can alert you to notifications at any time:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon User-added image Notifications
  2. In the Vibration Settings section, turn on the Always Vibrate option.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes!

@Hroy5, welcome aboard! have you received updates about this? Let me know! 

Have a nice day guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I just got my husband one and we have the same problem we have reset turned off uninstalled unpaired everything is on but no vibration or notification please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Ctebb, welcome aboard! Thanks for trying some tips to fix the not vibrating issue with your Ionic and your husband's. I'd like you to please remember the most important tip. The Fitbit Versa receives notifications while your phone is in Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode, but your device won’t vibrate or wake the screen. To view notifications, swipe down from the clock screen. This only happens on Android devices. Other Fitbit devices paired to iPhones or Windows 10 phones don’t receive notifications when you turn on the Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode setting on your phone. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My vibrations for texts and calls were working for maybe a month or two, and now it only vibrates for alarms or for goals. I tried pretty much everything, resetting my phone, versa etc. none of it has worked. I don’t know what else to do. It’s not too big of a deal but it was nice when it was working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine must have done this without knowing while I was snowmobiling. Good to know that's a feature and how to fix it. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @rileyy, it is great to see new members around! I appreciate the time you have taken to try some tips to fix this not getting notifications issue. There are some other tips that I'd like you to try on this help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes! 

@ewheels, so I guess your Versa is getting notifications now, right? If so, I appreciate the update. Let me know if you have further questions! 

Have a nice day guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your suggestion!  It worked!!!

Appreciate your help!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Push and hold the left button on your Versa. Make sure your notifications
are set to “On”. That worked for me. I had inadvertently turned mine off.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Toothpkr! Sounds great that the tips I posted above, helped you out. Let me know if you have further questions. 

@Lynnard27, thanks for sharing this tip. I'm pretty sure this will help out other users. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

Thanks. Who knew it could be something so simple! This solved my issue and I would have never thought of this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Jbolling. Your method worked. A pain in the arse, but it worked.

Best Answer

Hi, I was wondering if anyone went onto their versa and seen device locked? It says show notification content and on the bottom right it says on and off.

I think it's supposed to be off.

Right?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Tiffschmidt79 and @chatnoir73, welcome to the Community! Sounds awesome that your Versa is working fine, after reviewing the tips that were posted above. Let me know if you have further questions or comments. 

@WhiteTigerL77, hope you are doin' fine! Just to confirm, are you talking about the notifications option that appears when you press and hold the main button until it vobrates? Let me know! 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, when I am playing around with it, I see the notification on my versa Fitbit and find what I mentioned, there was an off and on button.
I believe it was supposed to be on the off button.
Correct?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was talking about the notifications that is on my versa. It says off and on, on there.

I believe it's supposed to be off, correct? It says deviced locked.

I have it on right now.

And I am getting my notifications.

I don't have the special edition one.

So I don't have that option on my app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This fixed it for me. I was unaware that this was even a feature, thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This helped me ! I couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t work took your advice works like a charm now! Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes