Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice replies on Versa 2 and Versa 3 not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Voice replies to text aren't working since switching from Fitbit account to Google account. I have a Versa 2. Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your comments, and your patience throughout this process.

If you haven't done so, let me recommend updating the Fitbit app to the latest version. This should resolve the issues with the transcription error displayed when using voice replies on your Fitbit Smartwatches. To do this:

1. Go to the App Store (for iOS devices) or Play Store (for Android devices).
  2. Search for Fitbit.
  3. You should get a button to update the app.

Once you've installed the update, please confirm if the voice replies start working again on your watch.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Hi @Sgoobie - it is possible there are issues once you change accounts see other posts in the forums about transcription problems.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its 2023 and we are having the same issues guess they dont know how to fix things 

Best Answer

Having the same issue .. frustrating 

Best Answer

Have you found a fix for this?

Best Answer
No answer was ever found, No, Fitbit never fixed the problem. They made several new models instead.
Best Answer

Mine has stopped working also. It's frustrating because this is why I got the watch to be honest. Now I am unable to use it and considering another brand.

Best Answer

This has not been resolved as I bought the versa 2 and versa 3 literally 2 days ago and both gave me this transcription error from the beginning. I've reset both watches 3x and still no difference. If this issue cannot be resolved permanently I really won't buy another fitbit watch again. Please help me to fix this 

Best Answer

About a year ago(?) this happened to me and after several rebooting of my phone and Fitbit Versa 2 - it finally got solved by Fitbit - I would suggest you call them .  Good luck - I know it is very frustarating

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Joey will do that 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Team, I bought my versa 3 last week. Voice reply is not working.

This is the main feature that I wanted to buy this watch, now it's not working.

I called support and tried all the possibilities that support people told me, still not working.

Can you Help and let me k ow what needs be done to get this feature work ?

Reboot app and phone

Voice reply :on

Bluetooth : on

Notification:on

Microphone on watch : on

Wife setup : done

Best Answer

This is now the 8th time restarting the entire process and still no luck. These watches should be recalled as issue appears to be constant across several models. I've now already tried versa 2 and 3 and same issue keeps flagging. I really want this fixed but don't know how. @Fitbit please help 

Best Answer

I think there is a year warranty - ask for a new one - this is not acceptable

Best Answer

Since i transferred to google account my voice reply is not working. Keeps coming up with an error.  Was on chat for over an hour installing, ininstalling etc still wont work.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
@Fitbit is there any help or do I have to just return the watch and go away
from fitbit completely...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Penneyp - this is a known issue with the Google account and there is nothing you can do. See Transcription problem

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is crap. I hope google eventually fixes it. For now i signed into
fitbit using an old acct
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the switch ro the Fitbit Google app my microphone does not work on my Versa 2. I have tried numerous solutions with no luck.  Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't get a update but I am still suddenly having the same transcription error.

Best Answer

Hi @RobinH710  - if you switched to using the Google login there is a known issue. You may see transcription error.

If this is not the issue go to the watch Settings and make sure the microphone is on.

Best Answer