Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice replies on Versa 2 and Versa 3 not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Voice replies to text aren't working since switching from Fitbit account to Google account. I have a Versa 2. Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
38 REPLIES 38

There is a k own issue with the Google app? That explains it. Hoping it
will be fixed soon. Thank you for your response

Thank you.  If this is a known issue I do hope it will be rectified soon.  Thank to you for your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobinH710 - thanks, you can follow it here

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tried this and same message even if my phone was locked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having these issues, because now I'm having issues with fitbit pay. Feels like Fitbit is trying to eliminate the Versa line completely. 

Best Answer

I am on replacement 3 and still nothing. This is so frustrating. 

Best Answer
Yes it is
Best Answer
0 Votes

Voice response ability has stopped working since switching from Fitbit account to Google account.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Mine isn't working. Have tried everything I can think of. Seems it coincided with me switching from Fitbit account to Google account.

Best Answer

Hi @Sgoobie - this is a known issue. See Transcription problem it affects Google account users.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I stayed with the Fitbit account and have not had a problem thus far

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently,  there's no going back to Fitbit account. Not sure how to resolve the issue at this point. Frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mybe I missed it but when you called Fitbit were they any help at all and did they offer a replacement?

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I've moved your posts to this new thread so we can keep the forums on-topic. As @Guy_ mentioned, our team is aware of this situation and they're currently working to get it resolved.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and I appreciate your patience. I'll update this thread as soon as there are more details to share.

Best Answer

I've, so far, stayed with the Fitbit app and have been having this issue, among others.  

What about for those who are having the issue without having switched to Google? I haven't been able to use my Fitbit to return texts for at least two weeks.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! @MamaDez Welcome on board.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are looking into this and will be addressed in a future release.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your comments, and your patience throughout this process.

If you haven't done so, let me recommend updating the Fitbit app to the latest version. This should resolve the issues with the transcription error displayed when using voice replies on your Fitbit Smartwatches. To do this:

1. Go to the App Store (for iOS devices) or Play Store (for Android devices).
  2. Search for Fitbit.
  3. You should get a button to update the app.

Once you've installed the update, please confirm if the voice replies start working again on your watch.

Best Answer

I have the latest version and that didn't fix the problem. Also I can't get the weather to work since updating.

Best Answer

Hi there, @mstalnaker.

Thanks for keeping me posted. Let me share that a new version for the Fitbit app started rolling out to all our members. While it hasn't been fully released, please make sure to install it as soon as you see it available and test your watch to see how it goes afterward.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the latest version but I'm still unable to reply to a text message using my Fitbit Versa 2.
Everything else is now working great.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes