Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice reply to text message not working on Versa 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Versa 2. My microphone doesn't work when I respond to a text message.  have it enabled on both the watch and app. It hasn't worked at all. Need some help. Thanks. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Hdendler and @SVega. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa 2.

Please note the microphone in your watch only turns on when you’re using a feature that requires your voice, such as a voice assistant. The microphone turns off when the voice assistant responds, when you close the voice assistant, or when your watch’s screen turns off.

Fore more information and troubleshooting steps, see: How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit device? and What should I do if my voice assistant doesn't work on my Fitbit smartwatch? 

However, you can try these few troubleshooting steps to see if it will fix what you are experiencing:

1. On the Fitbit app, tap on your profile's icon > Versa 2 > Amazon Alexa and log out.
  2. On your phone's settings tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen and tap on force stop.
  4. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  5. Reboot your phone.
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Mine only worked for about 2 months

Best Answer

Hi there, @Hdendler and @SVega. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa 2.

Please note the microphone in your watch only turns on when you’re using a feature that requires your voice, such as a voice assistant. The microphone turns off when the voice assistant responds, when you close the voice assistant, or when your watch’s screen turns off.

Fore more information and troubleshooting steps, see: How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit device? and What should I do if my voice assistant doesn't work on my Fitbit smartwatch? 

However, you can try these few troubleshooting steps to see if it will fix what you are experiencing:

1. On the Fitbit app, tap on your profile's icon > Versa 2 > Amazon Alexa and log out.
  2. On your phone's settings tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen and tap on force stop.
  4. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  5. Reboot your phone.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

My Versa 2 mic doesn't work. It shows it is enabled on both the app and the watch. I am unable to voice text.

Best Answer

@Hdendler Thanks for following the recommendations I've provided above. 

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer

Lmao I think you reached your limits before you even began. Clearly didn't help

Best Answer
0 Votes