Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume won't go up or down on Versa itself

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have loaded my music onto the versa!  However I am unable to turn up or down the volume.  It appears as if there are the + - buttons on the right hand side.  When I pressed those buttons, nothing happened.  Should I try restarting my fitbit?  Ultimately I would like to control the volume of the music from the fitbit versa when using my earbuds.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for sharing your experience with music control on your Versa smartwatch. I appreciate the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. I'd like you to make sure you're following these tips to control music on your Fitbit device:

1. If you have an Android or Windows 10 phone, first turn on Bluetooth Classic to control music on your phone. If you have an iPhone, skip this step.
    1. Open the Settings app 

on your Fitbit device 

Bluetooth > Restore Music Controls.

2. On your phone, navigate to the Bluetooth settings where paired devices are listed. Your phone will scan for available devices.
    3. When you see Classic next to your Fitbit device, tap it.
  1. While music is playing on your phone, swipe down from the top of your screen on your watch. After your notifications appear, swipe down again to open the control center. Tap the music controls icon 

2. You might need to change the audio source to your phone if you previously listened to music stored on your watch. Tap the 3 dots, then tap the phone icon to change the audio source to your phone.

As mentioned by others on the forums, to control the volume, you need to tap on the plus or minus icons on the watch itself. Learn more about it in this article How do I control music with my Fitbit device? 

This thread will be closed, if needed feel free to create a new post, we'll be happy to jump in. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
111 REPLIES 111

Hey @kkeogh84, it is nice to see new faces around! If your Fitbit Versa doesn't seem to turn up or down the volume when you press the respective buttons, then I would suggest you to restart it by following the instructions in this post. 

In the meantime, you can also control and audio playing music on your phone. Take a look at the following instructions to do so: 

1. If you have an Android or Windows 10 phone, first turn on Bluetooth Classic to control music on your phone:
    1. Open the Settings app User-added imageon your watch > Bluetooth > Pair
    2. On your phone, navigate to the Bluetooth settings where paired devices are listed. Your phone will scan for available devices.
    3. When you see "Classic” next to your Fitbit device, tap it.
  2. From any screen, press and hold the back button and swipe to the Music Controls screen. You may see the current track playing or the most recently played track. 
  3. To open additional controls, tap the 3 dots (...) in the bottom left corner.
  4. Tap the phone icon to change the audio source to your phone. Then use your watch to control the song or audio playing on your phone.

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Thank you for your ideas.  I tried these things and no success, yet.  I also contacted customer support and they said this is an issue they are aware of with airpods.  They are currently working towards fixing this.  I wonder if anyone knows when this problem will be resolved so that I know when to restart my versa.  Or would I need to download new software onto the versa?

Best Answer

Thanks for the update my friend @kkeogh84 and for taking the time to contact our Support team for additional help. As they mentioned, the Fitbit device can't control the volume on Apple Airpods, and to be honest with you, I don't know when this will be resolved, so I can't give an estimate time frame for this to be fixed. In the meantime I will ask you to be patient while our team is working on this. 

Let me know if you have additional questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Bose Soundsport. After I paired them I had the same problem. I reboot the watch and have worked great since. If you want a Bluetooth headset that you can control the volume you might want to check them out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know what the problem is...I have my AirPods on now and can control the volume on my Versa....you will see the plus sign at the top for high volume and there is a negative sign at the bottom right...just keep tapping that and my volume goes down no problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried tapping the + and - signs and it does not work for me.  I have also tried shutting down the versa and starting it again, that does not work.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. I noticed that if I don't have headphones plugged in the volume control works.  HELP!

Best Answer

I have the same problem - when are we going to get a firmware update to fix this?

Best Answer

I asked right after I got my fitbit versa when this issue would be fixed.  I was given no timeline.  I'm beginning to feel like the airpod volume issue will never be resolved, as this is clearly not a priority to fitbit.  And just for the hey of it, I just tried changing the volume on my airpods while using the fitbit versa and no success.  I will probably be looking to purchase a different type of bluetooth earbuds, spending yet more money.  I'm just really disappointed because this was the main reason I purchased the fitbit versa.

Best Answer

Hey guys, @kkeogh84@Scooter2@Juleshtown49@tasha831 and @bitBitbit, thanks for your participation here in the Community! I totally understand how you feel about this inconvenience with the Apple Airpods, but as I've mentioned, I have no updates yet about this, but trust me, our team is working on this and trying to find a solution, and as soon as I have a response, I will share it with in here. In the meantime, I will appreciate your patience and understanding. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also experiencing no volume-control ability with my apple airpods...tried all your suggestions. 

Totally unacceptable lack of response from Fitbit. This needs to be addressed and solved immediately. 

Best Answer

I agree. Using the Versa with airpods was the primary reason for my purchase. 

Best Answer

Ok, I get that I can't control the volume with airpods, but while you're looking for a fix can you tell me a way to simply increase the volume and leave it there? It's just too quiet to go running with.

Best Answer
Again mine work fine in regards to volume. I don't think it's your airpods.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I think that info you reboot both phone and Versa, the pods will play at a preset “medium” volume. But that might not be loud enough 

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

update: Just restarted the fitbit, paired the airpods, and no ability to change the volume.  I've pretty much given up on the idea that this problem will be fixed and now use a cheap pair of bluetooth earbuds, they work alright.

Best Answer

Any up date on using Air Pods and controlling the volume while listening to PANDORA?  I'd like to cancel my paid subscription to PANDORA if I can't use the VERSA and listing to PANDORA with enough volume while working out.   Defeats the reason I bought the VERSA.  Kinda disappointed. 

Best Answer

Hi every body
i really upset to say that i turned my versa off & On but my volume control does not work & i do not have Android phone to increase volume
could you please tell me how can i increase volume by Iphones?

Best Answer
On your watch when you are in music mode you will see a little + on top and - on bottom of screen. Lightly keep tapping each to either increase or decrease volume.
Best Answer
0 Votes