Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume won't go up or down on Versa itself

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have loaded my music onto the versa!  However I am unable to turn up or down the volume.  It appears as if there are the + - buttons on the right hand side.  When I pressed those buttons, nothing happened.  Should I try restarting my fitbit?  Ultimately I would like to control the volume of the music from the fitbit versa when using my earbuds.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
111 REPLIES 111
yes i see this,i am not blind & i saw this but it is not work!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best Answer

Yes I also have the same problem with the AirPods, and I also bought the Versa specifically to have non bulky music at the gym. The volume CANNOT be controlled from the Versa no matter how many times that lady who keeps posting tells us hers work!  I also cannot use my expensive Jaybird Runs, with those the left side doesn’t have sound. I have had extensive support from Jaybird with no solution, it is the Versa. Every other device I own works with both the AirPods and the Jaybirds. Frustrated is an understatement!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and am so frustrated. Bought Versa to be able to run with music without my phone- didn't get apple watch because I don't want to be connected when Im running, and now it's like the music is whispering. So annoying and may need to return and swap for something else if there isn't a reasonable fix. I have tried restarting, unpairing again and again with nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s now October and there is still no solution to this?? What’s up with that?

Best Answer

Fitbit clearly does not care to fix this problem!

Best Answer

I know this isn’t a fix, but what I did to turn the volume up and down on the air pods was connect them to the phone. Once I got the volume where I wanted it I disconnected the air pods from the phone and connected them to the versa. Obviously I rather have them adjusted through the watch, but this is a work around for now.

Best Answer
Fitbit tell a big lie to customers about playing music on versa,shame of this company.
Best Answer

Hey guys! I hope you are having a good day! 

I'm afraid my friends that, the Fitbit device, in this case the Versa, can't control the volume on Apple Airpods. In the meantime, please take a look at this idea on our Feature Suggestions board, leave your vote and comments, so other users can do the same and our team can take a look at it. Maybe it can be possible in the future. 

Have a nice day!

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Got my Versa last night, just put music on it moments ago and now I come to realize this problem has been persistent for others for months.  Not exactly happy about this.  What's with the massive delay in resolving this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @MikeH7186, welcome aboard! There is no time-frame for this to be resolved my friend, however, you can take a look at this idea on our Feature Suggestions board, leave your vote and comments so our team can take a look at it and maybe fix it in the future. 

Let  me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Umm so I got my Fitbit Versa today and I have just downloaded spotify on it and signed in and everything. I paired my Bluetooth headphones to the versa but I can’t make the music play. I keep turning the volume up on my versa and headphones but no sound comes through. It also frequently pauses itself. HELPPPP

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I first started using my AirPods with my versa I also found that you couldn't control the volume using the versa.  However I did find that if you pair your AirPods up with your phone and then adjust the volume using your phone, then go back and pair your AirPods with your versa you should notice a change in volume.  This is a bit of a pain but I was at least able to adjust the volume so I could enjoy the music while I worked out.  I hope this helps. 

@kkeogh84 wrote:

I have loaded my music onto the versa!  However I am unable to turn up or down the volume.  It appears as if there are the + - buttons on the right hand side.  When I pressed those buttons, nothing happened.  Should I try restarting my fitbit?  Ultimately I would like to control the volume of the music from the fitbit versa when using my earbuds.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just so I'm clear. The most popular, best selling bluetooth headphones on the market do not work with Versa because you cant control the volume and there is no solution in sight?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes you will have to pair with your phone first and adjust the volume and then pair with versa and check to see that your volume is where you would like it to be.  You might have to do this a few times until you get what you want

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my Airpods. The volume buttons on-screen and the physical buttons don't do anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

its not working on my watch.

mine too!!!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' fine! I totally understand you folks, but as I've mentioned, there is no time-frame for this to be resolved yet, so you can take a look at this idea on our Feature Suggestions board, leave your vote and comments so our team can take a look at it and maybe fix it in the future. 

I will appreciate your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not being able to change the volume is not acceptable.  I paid good money for the Versa (upgraded from the flex) and I specifically picked the versa due to being able to upload music to it.   However not being able to change the volume is not acceptable at all.  I now regret purchasing it as my songs are playing at a volume that is so loud that someone across the room can hear the headphones (when they are sitting on my desk...as I can't put them on my ears as I would damage my ear drums!).  

It does not appear a headphone/headphone brand issue as though I have low-cost ones (Lobkin) others appear to have the same issue with upscale headphones.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Carleecat, it is great to see you around more often! I'm sorry to hear that you can't change the volume of your headphones through your Versa. I could suggest you to try to restart your Versa, then try to pair your headphones with it again and see if that works. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried that. I think it’s a problem with Apple Airpods which I use. I have heard that other people had the same problem with their Airpods. I connected my Versa to a Bluetooth speaker and it changed the volume like it should however the quality was choppy and pretty bad. Quality on the Airpods when connected to my Versa is very good so I’m not sure why its choppy on the speaker. Thank you for your advice and time.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes