Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING: Pixel 2 and Versa pin/wallet incompatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

TLDR - Don't set a pin, you can never change/remote it or add/remove credit cards. 

One of the key features of the Versa is fitbit pay. I setup it up when I got my watch, and it worked fine. 

Then my bank replaced my card and tried to update it in fitbit pay. 

Because the flagship Android phone (Pixel 2) isn't supported by the flagship fitbit device (Versa) you are unable to add/remove/change pins, or credit cards. 

If I try to perform any of these basic functions, I get: "Error connecting to Versa". 

According to Fitbit support, this functionality is not supported by incompatible devices. 

So now I have a "smart" watch that can't control my music, can't make payments, has a pin that I can't change, and support won't tell me if this will ever be fixed!

The support team has always lead me on saying they're working in the background to support more devices, but as soon as I asked whether the issue with the Pixel/Versa was a hardware issue, they fell silent. 

I need an official response as to whether the Pixel 2 will ever be supported or not, so I can decide if I need return my dysfunctional watch.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@totalfrenzy Welcome! It's great to see you around. You should be able to remove the pin by going to the Versa settings on your Fitbit app and then select device lock and remove the pin. After this you can re set it and enable your new card. Regarding compatibility with an specific phone sadly we don't have that information here in the Community. You can check the page of compatible devices but this is just a reference for devices that have been thoroughly tested. The list isn't exclusive so many phones not listed here do work with Fitbit devices and you can use all the features with them. Still we can't guarantee this will be with an specific phone.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alvaro, 

I've already had this discussion with support. They confirmed due to my choice of phone, I am unable to change or remove the pin. 

This is the error that always comes up:

Screenshot_20180726-084533.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

are you able to temporary switch to other phone, then remove the pin, after that switch back to the Pixel2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That seems to be the only workaround. Unfortunately I don't have access another phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about a tablet/iPad ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Or a WinPC with Bluetooth should work too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

To try this issue I set a pin on my Ionic, paired with Google Pixel 2XL. It's not exactly the Pixel 2 but the OS is the same so it shouldn't be different. (Note, I live in Japan so no Fitbit Pay for me).

I was able to remove the PIN with no problem.

It is worthy to highlight that I use Android "P" (from this morning Beta 4) and maybe it could have changed the things.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it's just updating to P that would be awesome. I'm waiting for the final release to roll around 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Should be very soon according Google announcements. Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes