Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Logging syncs incorrect amount to app (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After installing the latest firmware update, whenever I log 8 oz. on my watch, it syncs to my mobile device as 0.27 oz.  Moreover, when I log 4 oz. and 12 oz., it syncs as 0.14 oz. and 0.41 oz., respectively.  There's definitely a bug in there!

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 1/29/2020

Hi everyone,

We're happy to announce that this water logging issue with incorrect amounts syncing has been resolved. Please download the latest watch app version(70.7.21). Go into the Apps gallery and find the "Today" app and you'll see the update option. Read instructions here: How do I update apps on my fitbit watch? 

Thanks for your patience while we deployed a fix! Your cooperation is always appreciated. 

Fitbit Update: 12/19

Hi all,

Thanks for your reports of this water logging issue converting oz to ml, or the incorrect amount of water syncing over to the Fitbit app. 

If you come across this issue, I recommend deleting the incorrect entries and re-adding them directly to the mobile app. If you need steps for how to log water in the app, please check this article out: How do I track my water intake in the fitbit app? 

Our team is aware of this water logging bug and we will continue to monitor reports. We may not be able to provide an immediate solution, but we'll keep them informed of the impact to you all. When we have an update for a fix, we'll announce it here so subscribe to this thread! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

Seems like there is an error with the water logging feature for the Versa 2. When both myself and my fiance' attempt to log water on our Fitbits, such as 600ml, and then try to sync it with our phones, our water logging goes up to 17000ml on our phones and fitbit. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer

Hello @Stavros_pasta, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, seems odd that the water logging feature of your Versa 2 isn't working as the way it was designed. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced such situation and how many times since then? Does this occur every time you log a specific amount of water or with any amount? Which mobile device are you using to sync your Versa 2? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you and your fiance to restart your devices following the next steps:

1. For Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If you still have issues with your device, turn it off and turn it back on. For more information, see How do I turn off my Fitbit device? 

Let me know if the issue persists.

Best Answer

Ever since the newest firmware update when you add water through the watch it shows up in app as something much smaller. I log 32 ounces of water  and it shows up as 1.1 ounces or .7 ounces. Weight doesn’t log correctly either. This was working perfectly BEFORE the update. 

I have uninstalled app, paired and unpaired, and reset the watch numerous times. Please fix!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. When I enter my weight correctly on the watch, it's adding around 200 lbs to my weight. Water shows the entry logged, but it never adds to the total water consumption. 

Best Answer

Fitbit just had a major update and I still can't log water. Not only does it not sync with phone or computer, water intake that I log now won't stay on the watch! I'll log 80 oz. throughout the day and when I go in to log more, it shows zero. Other days, I'll log 16 oz. and next time I go in, it shows 75 oz. Also, the exercise app still isn't smooth when trying to do several different exercises in one workout. Takes about 6 steps to totally log out of one exercise like elliptical, then start a new one, like weights, then another 6 steps to log out again. Can the Google techs solve this since Google bought out fitbit?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

I'm seeing the same conversion error in my Versa 2. I add that I drank 8 oz on the Versa 2 and it seems to show correctly. But when check the daily log on the same watch minutes later, it treats it as 8 ml (= 0.3 oz). The same incorrect value also shows up in the log when synced to an iPad.

Odd that my wife's Versa 2 watch (purchased from same seller on same day) seems to work perfectly fine, keeping all entries in the correct unit (ounces).

Best Answer

@Fitlark Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your water intake error. Thank you for reporting this as you mentioned the team is aware of this issue so hopefully they will be able to find a solution for all affected users. 

Regarding the changes you propose for the exercise app, you can share your idea in our Feature Suggestions board. Search for the idea first to see if one already exist so you can add your vote. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it. 

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

When I log water via the Versa 2 (recently updated firmware 70.7.14), after synced to the app, the logged water amount shows as 1oz. Have done multiple entries via the watch, ranging from 12-30 ounces.

Best Answer

Same thing happening to me. It did work before the update. It will also double or triple sometimes the same 1 ounce. No matter how much I put in, it doesn't register right. I liked not having to open the app on my phone. 

Best Answer

UPDATE - I noticed this morning that the Water display on my Versa 2 did not reset to zero (as did all the other stats) but showed my water consumption (oz.) from the previous day.  However, once I synced, the Water display changed to zero.  Just another bug in there!

Best Answer

It appears the water issue is now defaulted to ml or grams instead of ounces. Put in the mL amount on the watch, and it shows up correctly in the app. Big bug there! 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I logged in 16 oz and it registered in the app as .5 oz.

Best Answer

I figured out that the watch is converting ounces to milliliters. The app Unit setting is listed as ounces. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=convert+milliliters+to+ounces&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS877US877&oq=conver&aqs...

Best Answer

Hi, I'm trying to log water on the Today screen of my Versa 2 but the amount I'm inputting is not registering correctly for some reason.

For example, I keep trying to put in 8 fl oz but after I log it, the screen refreshes and shows only 0.3 fl oz total. It also syncs over to the app on my phone as 0.3 fl oz in the log history. I've also tried other amounts just to test the consistency of this issue. When I input 16 oz, it showed up as 0.5 oz.

I'm wondering if there's a bug that is reading my input as a different unit of measurement? But my app settings are set to fluid ounce, and the water log interface on my watch clearly says fluid ounce when I try to input the amount. So I'm not sure if that's it.

I've logged out of my Fitbit app and logged back in, and also resynced my bluetooth connection. Those didn't fix anything so far. Anyone else have an idea?

Best Answer

I’m having a problem with logging water from my Versa 2. When I put in 22 oz it will say “22 oz logged at” whatever time but then it saves it as 0.7 oz on my watch and my phone. It’s turning it into 22ml but saving it as oz when I’m entering it as oz and my device is set up in oz. I’ve tried restarting my watch but it’s still doing it. When I enter water from my phone app it saves it correctly. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my Versa 2. I log one amount on my watch and it shows up completely different on the app. Also, I noticed random .5 or .2 oz entries in the app that I did not add.  What is going on? I already had to reset this just to load the clock faces - I am starting to think I got a lemon!

Best Answer

When I try to log water using the cups options on settings, the Versa 2 says that 1 cup was logged at 3:23PM but it just stays there, nothing changes. Even when I reset the device it just stays the same way. Only works if I log the water on my app and then sync which sucks in so many levels because I need to sync several times until it happens. Tested this at least 5 times. Do you guys even test your software before release? You need to get better with your test cases. Come on dudes, this is your new device and it is number 2...

Best Answer

I have that problem - it’s clearly a bug. A work around is to log the amount in ml rather than fl oz - not ideal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's converting it to liters when it adds it to the Fitbit app. I posted about this to see if Fitbit is going to address this.

Best Answer
0 Votes