Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Logging syncs incorrect amount to app (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After installing the latest firmware update, whenever I log 8 oz. on my watch, it syncs to my mobile device as 0.27 oz.  Moreover, when I log 4 oz. and 12 oz., it syncs as 0.14 oz. and 0.41 oz., respectively.  There's definitely a bug in there!

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

first of all, this community is for user to user support. although FitBit does monitor it.

There is a phone number and chat to reach Fitbit's technical support directly. 

2nd the response from Fitbit support is that they are aware of the problem and have sent it to engineering for a software fix.

There is not much else that support can do until engineering and product management is ready to release a new firmware update. Support is in the same position we are, stuck waiting for engineering and QA testing.  as someone who used to be in both support and engineering, the last thing that they want to have happened is to quickly push out a quick fix and find out that it breaks something else.

This said, I am also frustrated, and hope that a fix is pushed out fairly quickly

Best Answer

Thanks for giving the other side of things. I can appreciate that except that some of us have reached out to them and the answers aren’t very helpful. I guess if it just seemed like this was any kind of priority for them many of us would not feel so unhappy about the whole situation. Again, I do appreciate you giving another perspective. 

Best Answer

I am using the Water logged app from the app store on the fitbit Versa 2. It works... but not as well.  Way better solution that 'try logging in the app' as was suggested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues. It's frustrating that the product was pushed out and release with out this being resolved first. I'm disappointed. Looking forward to a software fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Read entire thread and exact problem of converting to ml vs. oz exists in Ionic as well as Versa2. Don't want fitbit tech support lose sight of the bogey.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone should do a live chat and file a claim. I talked to someone and put a link to this message board. Also since it got marked as answered, maybe we should start a new msg. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having been on the other side, the problem is we are talking to support.  When they say we are aware of the problem, it means that they acknowledge and know about the problem and have put a bug report into engineering.   Now they are the same position we are.  Waiting for engineering to tell them a fix is ready.  Engineering won't tell them anything until the fix is either about to be released or released.

What no one on the product side wants to do is provide a timeline for a release and then miss the date.

I am sure that the language they are using is provided by either product management or the legal team.

It would be much clearer if they said something like, " We agree and know the problem is there and engineering is working on a software fix. We will update you as soon as engineering tells us that a fix is ready"

I agree that they could use better (less fancy) wording.

Also please understand that I am also frustrated.  since it is obvious that the firmware is converting from oz to ml it should be a very simple software fix, and I would hope they would push it out quickly and not wait to batch it in with other fixes, or new features in the next scheduled release

Best Answer

I got my Fitbit Versa 2 on Christmas day (12/15/2019) and it has synced the incorrect amount to my phone (Google Pixel 4) since day one. It does it every time I log water into my Versa 2. It shows as fluid ounces on my Versa 2, but when it syncs to the app it changes it to milliliters. Yes, I could do the conversion myself or use the other water logging app available, but I enjoy using Fitbit and having all of my stats in one location. I really wish the bug would be fixed already.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When entering water on my Versa 2 it does not transfer correctly to iPhone Fitbit app. For example: if 33.8oz is entered on Versa 2 it transfers over as 1.1oz in Fitbit app. This occurred prior to latest iOS update as well. It’s annoying that any water logged from Versa2 has to be later corrected in app. Settings in Fitbit app and on Versa2 for units are set to ounces. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

ios version: 13.3 (17C54)

Versa2 version: 35.70.7.14

Best Answer

This answer does not actually address the problem. There is no solution to the problem, just a work-around. I don’t always have my phone with me to use the app. Nor do I want to put double the time and effort into logging water intake. Please provide an actual fix to this bug. 

Best Answer

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @Kahuna_83 

Apparently this is a known issue being discussed here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-Smartwatches/Water-Logging-syncs-incorrect-amount-to-app/td-p/... I moved your post there so you can view and participate in the discussion. Hopefully this thread will offer you the assistance you need. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem for over 2 weeks have done everything waiting on return labels now.  Sad was so excited about new tracker and doesn't work since Google took over 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, I didn’t see that thread when I searched.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue also.  I was so excited to see this feature but so disappointed when I got my new Versa Lite and realized and couldn't use it on my watch.  Please fix as soon as possible. 

THANKS!! 

Best Answer

This is NOT an ANSWER!!!! Telling us its broken and you'll eventually get around to it is just lazy.  Sh**Bit's quality has gone to rock bottom in the last 2 years.  Any App version higher than 2.89 breaks my old Blaze so I got a Versa 2 thinking you could at least PAY ATTENTION to your latest product.  

Hopefully there's smarter people at google that take over cause the quality of SW/FW is a joke.

Best Answer
Spoiler
So you recognize a problem but no one is going to fix it anytime in the near future?  Ummm... is Fitbit really going to be my choice or do I go with Apple Watch then?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe the next smart watch they bring out

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same water logging issue on my Versa. I don't have a Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Looks as if most of us are having the issue. From what I read, there is no update to fix it though 😞
Best Answer