Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think of the Versa 2 ???

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had mine this morning and to be honest quite disappointed, hardly any difference to my old Versa, Alexa doesn’t work properly, and totally hate the the new charger, what idiot thought it would be good to have the lead coming from underneath instead of from the back like the old one, just can’t get the charger to sit flat at all, so basically think it was a waste of money

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Still setting mine up. But totally agree with you in the charger. What were they thinking? It comes straight out the back, the charger won’t even lay for in table! You’d have to bend the charger cord to get it anywhere near flat and that just compromises the cable.

Best Answer

I'm replacing a Charge 2 with the Versa 2 and I'm really liking it so far.  I love the Alexa integration. So far the app is working great (I added a few items to my shopping list and controlled some lights).  I agree about the cord though...stupid design for sure (my husband's Versa charger is definitely better, as you said).

I have an Android phone so I can't go with the Apple watch, and I originally replaced my Charge 2 with a Samsung Galaxy watch but but didn't really like it so returned it when I heard this watch was being released. The watch isn't perfect but it's the most suitable for my needs so far.

Comparing my husband's Versa and my Versa 2, I agree it probably isn't worth the upgrade.  Seeing as you already have a Versa, maybe you should return it and wait for the next Fitbit watch to be released?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally agree, don’t think the charger will last very long if you have to
keep bending the cable, that’s a good way to make money for Fitbit cause
charger won’t last very long
Best Answer
0 Votes

To be honest can’t be bothered with returning it, my daughter has got her eyes on my old verse lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think Alexa alone is worth the upgrade, being able to reply (dictate) to messages/notifications really is excellent (at least for me).

As for the charger, I believe its designed to be sat on its side with the cable then coming out of the back (this is the same type of design as the Versa Lite charger). I agree though, the Versa charger was a lot better. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I always buy extra chargers for my electronics, for various rooms in the house (had 3 for my Charge 2 lol) and just looked on Amazon...there are plenty of cheap ones available, if you want to go that route (and some interesting designs too).

Best Answer
0 Votes

To be honest haven’t tried to reply to any messages with Alexa yet, but did laugh this morning when I was trying to talk to the Versa and my Alexa in the bedroom answered me

Best Answer

Funny you should say that was only just looking on Amazon for that, so far can’t see any saying they’ll work with the Alexa 2 yet though

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any Versa or Versa 2 charger should work.  Alexa is built into the watch, not the charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa charger isn't compatible with Versa 2.

Best Answer

Already found that out, tried my charger for my old Versa, and as you said it doesn’t work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received it this morning and so far I like it.

There are a few niggles like the charging cradle and some initial setup problems, but I think the always on display and speed make up for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Old Versa charger doesn’t work with the new one, tried my olds one with it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to know.  I thought I read it was but hadn't tried it in the Versa one yet.  I'm sure the Versa 2 chargers will flood the Amazon market very soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tired the Always on Display but it disables the raise-to-wake feature, which I didn't like, so I turned the AOD off.

Best Answer

hopefully won’t be too long

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think its rubbish so far. Setup completed until I out the watch on and now I have a screen saying it's not connected. App says it has synched. No support available. Should have bought a Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely not as good as expected, I've got a garmin as well, beginning to think the Garmin is better

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not impressed. Keeps loosing contact with my S10 phone. Spotify won't connect and Alexa says no blue tooth connection when there is. Tried resetting everything and no better. How do I go about sending it back?

Best Answer
0 Votes