Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will ECG app be available on Versa series?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The ECG app has been approved for use in Australia  in april so how long before it is available for the Versa? 

Apple has theirs working, de we have to sell our out of date watches and go to Apple to prove a point?

Come on app approvers, time to step up and make this work in Australia now.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and formatting

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @roscored. Welcome to the Community Forums. @LZeeW Thanks for stopping by to help our member.

@roscored Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for the links provided. Before anything else, let me explain that our members with Fitbit smartwatches have access to the Fitbit App Gallery which allows to install different apps and clock faces developed by Fitbit or other authorized 3rd parties. As @LZeeW, Fitbit designed the Sense with the right hardware and sensors to measure the electrical activity of your heart through the Fitbit ECG app. The results will be available in the Fitbit app where you can share them with your doctor or healthcare provider.

While the Ionic, Versa, Versa 2 and Versa Lite don't have those sensors and hardware, you can install the FibriCheck app which helps you detect heart rhythm irregularities. While this app is available in our Fitbit App Gallery, take in mind that it was developed by Qompium and you'll need to get in touch with them if you want to know more about this app and how it works.

Hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

@roscored   I apologize if I am misreading what you wrote.  The Versa doesn't have the hardware to support the ECG app.  The Sense is the only Fitbit with the right hardware.  

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Oh I  didnt realise that. I was under the impression it used the sensors that are already installed for BPM etc

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit Versa And Ionic Smartwatches Can Now Detect An Irregular Heart Rhythm | Coach (coachmag.c...

This article claims that the ECG app or Fibricheck will be available across the whole Versa range, even showing a Versa in the photos.

and this one

FibriCheck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

anyone able to answer this question?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @roscored. Welcome to the Community Forums. @LZeeW Thanks for stopping by to help our member.

@roscored Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for the links provided. Before anything else, let me explain that our members with Fitbit smartwatches have access to the Fitbit App Gallery which allows to install different apps and clock faces developed by Fitbit or other authorized 3rd parties. As @LZeeW, Fitbit designed the Sense with the right hardware and sensors to measure the electrical activity of your heart through the Fitbit ECG app. The results will be available in the Fitbit app where you can share them with your doctor or healthcare provider.

While the Ionic, Versa, Versa 2 and Versa Lite don't have those sensors and hardware, you can install the FibriCheck app which helps you detect heart rhythm irregularities. While this app is available in our Fitbit App Gallery, take in mind that it was developed by Qompium and you'll need to get in touch with them if you want to know more about this app and how it works.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for clarifying that for me, it is the irregular heart beat I need
to monitor so it looks like the versa will do this.
Best Answer

Hi @roscored. I hope you're doing well.

You're welcome! I'm glad to have helped you and thanks for taking the time to review the information shared in my post. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your story, make new friends and find encouragement from other members to reach your goals. Keep enjoying the Fitbit experience with your Versa. 

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this app not available to install in the US? The install button is greyed out for me 

Best Answer

@crasian15   You added on to a thread in the Other Versa Smartwatch forum.  No Versa model has the hardware to run the ECG feature.  The ECG is only available on the Sense and Charge 5 in approved countries.  What model Fitbit do you use?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I realize that- I was trying to download the fibricheck app that above was stated to work for my versa 2. Is that not available in the US?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@crasian15   You wrote "this app" and the title of the post says ECG app, not FibriCheck.  FibriCheck isn't available in the US.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Hi there, @crasian15@LZeeW Thanks for stopping by to help our member.

@crasian15 Thanks for the details provided, and your efforts while working on this matter. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and in addition to @LZeeW's post, I'd recommend getting in touch with the developers so they can provide you with more information about the FibriCheck app. Please click here and under Description you'll find their contact details.

Have a good one.

Best Answer
0 Votes