Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Fitbit records steps when hold a shopping cart handle

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm researching a new Fitbit and would like to know which Fitbit records steps when you are holding a shopping cart handle. The HR I have now does not record steps if my arm is not moving. I'm assuming this one works on a pendulum concept. Please help!! Thank you in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

All fitbits track steps by detecting movement of the tracker and then working out whether that movement was the result of a step or just random movement.

For all wrist-worn fitbits this means it depends on the movement of your arm / wrist and when you are holding onto a cart / trolley your movement is not the normal movement it expects to see from stepping so it can often miss steps.

The only fitbit that avoids this issue is the Zip which is clipped to your clothing rather than worn on the wrist. There used to be the fitbit One as well which also clipped to clothing but this is no longer available.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

All fitbits track steps by detecting movement of the tracker and then working out whether that movement was the result of a step or just random movement.

For all wrist-worn fitbits this means it depends on the movement of your arm / wrist and when you are holding onto a cart / trolley your movement is not the normal movement it expects to see from stepping so it can often miss steps.

The only fitbit that avoids this issue is the Zip which is clipped to your clothing rather than worn on the wrist. There used to be the fitbit One as well which also clipped to clothing but this is no longer available.

Best Answer