Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do we have to use a computer to transfer music to the Versa?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is the reason that I can’t transfer music from the mobile app? I am using an iPhone so the music comes from iTunes just like the computer so what is the issue?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@SKeller384 Please search this forum. I answered the same question not so long ago. This feature has already been requested and is under consideration.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SKeller384 thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Marrrmaduke

@SKeller384 please note that for the time being is only possible for your Versa to transfer music while connected to the same WiFi network as your computer as this was the way it was designed. As @Marrrmaduke mentioned, this suggested idea has already been marked as "Under Consideration" by our team, but we can't assure it will be added or in case it will, the exact timeframe when it will. Feel free to add your vote and comment to this idea, this is the best way to make your voice heard. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

First I want to thank you for a speedy response to my question. I do have some issues with your response. First of all the post you are referring to doesn’t come up when I search for this issue on the versa. I believe that is do to the fact that it is actually in reference to the ionic. To be fair if might have been there. However given the fact that it was posted on 9-29-2017 it would have been buried under the avalanche of your customers that have similar issues.  With this in mind please allow me to restate my question. 

Given the fact that you have known about this issue for almost two years. Also understanding that this issue covers multiple versions of your product. I ask again why can’t it be done? What is the reason that you have chosen not to give your customers this option?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SKeller384 

@SKeller384 wrote:

First I want to thank you for a speedy response to my question. I do have some issues with your response. First of all the post you are referring to doesn’t come up when I search for this issue on the versa. I believe that is do to the fact that it is actually in reference to the ionic. To be fair if might have been there. However given the fact that it was posted on 9-29-2017 it would have been buried under the avalanche of your customers that have similar issues.  With this in mind please allow me to restate my question. 

Given the fact that you have known about this issue for almost two years. Also understanding that this issue covers multiple versions of your product. I ask again why can’t it be done? What is the reason that you have chosen not to give your customers this option?

No, I talked about it a few days ago in the Versa Forum. Nevertheless, the shortest answer to your question (please keep in mind I am not a Fitbit employee) is that this is not a priority feature and as such it is in the backlog. If/when it is implemented, I am sure Fitbit will announce it in their Feature Suggestions as they always do. So, it's not that Fitbit chose not to give this feature to you. It's simply not the priority. You can always vote for it.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer