Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will not track HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa has stopped tracking my HR after two months of owning!

For two months, the versa tracked my HR perfectly! Then about two weeks ago it just stopped. I have tried adjusting the tightness, wearing on different wrists, and have reset it multiple times. I have tried to check my heart rate settings on my online Device Settings, but can't find heart rate! HR shows up on my Charge 2 online Device Settings, but not my Versa. Help please!

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @caweath Have you turned the Versa over and checked that the green lights are flickering rapidly.

Also go to the settings app on the Versa and check that Heart Rate is set to ON. 

When that is on try restarting your Versa several times Restart your tracker

Please come back if you continue to have problems.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi @NellyG !

The green lights are flickering rapidly. And as mentioned, I can't see to find HR on my Versa Device Settings Dashboard. (I can find HR no problem on my Fitbit Charge 2).

I am going to my online Dashboard > Devices > Versa > View Device Settings. 

The list includes:

Reminders to Move

Main Goal 

Quick View

Wrist

Sleep Tracking

Auto-exercise Recognition

Exercise Shortcuts

Exercise Cues

Auto Pause

GPS 

Interval Workout

Fitbit Pay

Advice???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again @caweath 

Good the lights are flickering. If the lights are flickering then the HR must be turned on. I think you are looking in the wrong place for where you turn it on. It is NOT on the app or the website dashboard, but with the smart watches is on the actual watch. You can turn it on and off on your wrist - no app needed. On the clockface, swipe to the left and you get the first app screen. Keep swiping to the left till you get to the screen with the little gear wheel icon - that so the settings app on the watch. Select it and scroll down until you get to Heart Rate and turn it on or off there.

But yours sounds as if it is turned on anyway.

When you find where to turn the heart rate on and off ON THE WATCH turn it off and then restart the versa again, then go back and turn it on and see if it records then.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for the clarification @NellyG !

I checked and the HR is on (and I turned it off and on a few times) and restarted several times and still no luck. I did notice that it's only one green light that's flickering? Other suggestions?

I'm just so bummed because I only had it two months before this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again @caweath Yes, the Versa only has one green light (I was getting confused with the Alta HR which has 2). The next thing to trynis to turn yiur Versa off for several hours (settings app on the watch and scroll down to About), then turn it back on and see if that fixes it. If not the only other thing to try is to do a Factory Reset (settings app on your watch amd scroll down to About again). Then set it up again and see if the HR is working. If it is still not working, come back here again.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@NellyG , thank you for the suggestion. I have been trying to turn it off for a few hours and back on for the last few days. Finally I proceeded with the factory reset. Unfortunately, none of these worked. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

@caweath  Im out of suggestions Im afraid! I will flag your post for a moderators assistance, though, so hopefully they can help.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hi @caweath, please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! Thank you for pointing this out @NellyG!

In order to further assist you, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team. Keep an eye on your mail box. Thank you for your patience and working through these troubleshoots! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a nice weekend! Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes