Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XL wristband for Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am about to buy a Fitbit Versa as I am very happy with the watch itself, but please could you make an XL band too?

So far I have had to spend c. £70 trying to find an XL strap to fit and also spent hours scouring Amazon UK and the Net looking for something appropriate for my XL wrist. None too chuffed. Fitbit, please take note and make XL straps to fit the bigger person.

TJ Shaw

Winchester, UK

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

Hey @TJBlaze, it's great to see you around.

Thank you for your suggestion regarding the availability of extra large bands for your Versa. We no longer distribute extra large bands for Fitbit watches. In many cases, we found that large bands meet the needs of those who purchased extra large and allows for continued and comfortable use of the device. Please refer to the sizing chart for Versa.

NOTE: For Fitbit Versa, the small band fits most customers.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your kind reply, but, on behalf of all larger Fitbit users, this simply isn’t good enough Fitbit. Please rethink your policy on xl straps for your watches. Soon!

Many thanks for your time.

UK Fitbit user.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

May I also note that my bigger size is due to medication for a long standing health condition, not laziness or other negative lifestyle choices. XL doesn’t always mean Xtra Lazy!

Thanks

TJ

Best Answer

I'm pretty unsatisfied with my versa.  It is on the very last opening on the wristband and is doesn't fit under the little strap that holds it down.  So I have this piece of plastic that sticks out.  On top of that, it's too tight.

Best Answer

I am too wanting this and this was their reply:

Hi Raymond 

We completely understand you concern regarding the Versa XL wristband.

According to the usage and the request of each customer devices and accessories are develop,We will definitely take this feed back in order to better our service.

Sincerely,

gerald.d and the Fitbit Team

Sad 😞

Best Answer

That is totally incorrect. Large DO NOT FIT on average xl size wrist. Unless you yourself have an xl wrist , then try on a large. Not everyone is one size. Some people are wider in the wrist then most average that has nothing to do with weight. You need Xl bands for everyone not just "small' people.

Best Answer

Yes, I agree with you on this.  This was their reply to me when asking about xl bands.  I just feel that they are out of touch and have blinders on.  

Best Answer

I agree with you!

Wanted to buy a Versa for my dad, so he tried on my Versa and the Large band was too small for him. He still likes the watch, but I can't even find and XL band on Amazon.

It is a bit odd for Fitbit not to make XL bands since the watch itself should help people stay active and lose weight ... but in order to buy the watch, a bigger person should first lose weight 🙂 

Hopefully they'll start making XL bands

Best Answer

Here is something on their about us page:

"Who We Are

We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.

Our Mission

To empower and inspire you to live a healthier, more active life. We design products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life so you can achieve your health and fitness goals, whatever they may be."

Seems like the leaders need to stop and take the time to reread this as a team!! 

R

Best Answer

there needs to be a XL band for these it is a great watch but the L is small and the small is petite. Uncomfortable at the GYM or anytime as it strangles my wrist. I am a CrossFit trained athlete and certainly not overweight, Fitbit needs to listen to the customers and get on the stick before we move on to other makes that fit Adults.    

Best Answer

I’m pretty sure you should be fired if you are an employee and if you’re not you shouldn’t be allowed to moderate.  The man just told you the band wasn’t big enough and your reply it’s big enough for most people.  

Best Answer

The fitbit Versa definitely needs an XL band.  The band is not universal.

Best Answer

You are correct the band is for Girls and small wristed people.Fitbit seems to think everyone is built the same and tiny wrists are the norm. I work out daily and it will not fit. even the aftermarket ones are small to medium in size.  

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I think it would be great to have a XL band for Fitbit Versa. Please take a look at the XL Strap Versa request, vote for it and leave your comment.

Catch you later. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I agree I just purchased a Fitbit Versa and the large band is too small...

Best Answer

As I don't think that Fitbit is going to make XL bands anymore, after purchasing 5 different products for family and friends, I think I am headed to the Apple site because it appears that if you have a XL wrist, you are not wanted at Fitbit. I have enjoyed the fitbit challenges and software and having competitions  with friends around the world but if I can't get a replacement band for my XL Fitbit (I bought it with a XL band) I must find a tracker that will fit my wrist.  Sorry but putting duct tape on it for 3 weeks while I get the run around is just wrong.  

Best Answer

So I just contacted them about an XL Versa wristband for my ex-football player husband because when he tried on the band that I already bought him, it was too small.  Their reply?  To send me the size chart.  Well no duh... I don't need that now...

And when I said "So I should just return it?", they basically said they respect my decision.  NICE.  Guess I should have gone with the Apple also.  

My wrists aren't that big and I need the large size...

Best Answer

I want to get a fitbit versa as a christmas gift for a large person and I know the large band won't fit, I need about 9.5 inches and the biggest available is 8.7 inches.  So, I'm thinking about getting 2 of the metal link bands so I can put them together but adding as many extra links as I need to one of the bands.  Do you think this will work?  I'm not sure if they can be added together like that, or just removed to make it smaller?  I know this is an expensive solution to the problem, but just curious if it will work.     

Best Answer

I am sure it will work. And yes, it will be expensive. I had the same idea for my dad but then we decided that it is not worth it, maybe he will want to wear it for exercise, but the metal band is not recommended for sweating, and Fitbit WILL NOT start making XL band as they have told me, so we decided not to buy a Versa for him.

Best Answer
0 Votes