Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XL wristband for Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am about to buy a Fitbit Versa as I am very happy with the watch itself, but please could you make an XL band too?

So far I have had to spend c. £70 trying to find an XL strap to fit and also spent hours scouring Amazon UK and the Net looking for something appropriate for my XL wrist. None too chuffed. Fitbit, please take note and make XL straps to fit the bigger person.

TJ Shaw

Winchester, UK

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64
Check on amazon for xl bands for versa . I had to go there for my boyfriend fitbit is wonderful but they are not being fare to everyone. Everyone is not one size fits all. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Yep, I did that before contacting Fitbit. Did not find anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a versa special edition and the large band does not fit. I called support and they where in shock that it did not fit. They acted like I was the only person in the world with a big wrist. So I have to return it and get an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
My personal favorite was when I said "So I should return it and get something else?" and they were (basically) "do what you have to...".  From all the replies to my comment, I'd say I definitely wasn't the first one and I know I wasn't the last.  And it sounds like that's their script.
Good luck!  We ended up keeping his and giving it to his sister.  It was such a good deal and she REALLY wanted one.  I have to admit that I like mine.  He's going without for now because we missed all the great sales.  Maybe next Christmas he'll get the Apple.
Best Answer

True it fits most, however it does not fit me or many others out there.  I am surprised that there is no option for obtaining a very inexpensive accessory for your customers to purchase since obviously this was a cost saveing  decision.  Management could of came up with a better solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem and then found Esslinger.com

Custom watch bands very reasonably priced. I ordered a 9 inch 22mm band that fits my versa perfectly. Arrived in 2 days.

Best Answer

I had the same problem and then found Esslinger.com

Custom watch bands very reasonably priced. I ordered a 9 inch 22mm band that fits my versa perfectly

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
Although now he has to wait for a sale... lol 
He's not really sure what he wants anymore.  He knows I love my versa, but he's using some app on his phone that seems to be working, for now.  
Have a great day!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the great advice!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Many but not all.

I'm fat AND large boned. Your bands are objectively too small for me.

The least you could do is identify aftermarket sellers who can help.

Basketball players wear Fitbit too, don't they? Or are they better off with a different product altogether? I'm no baller but I bet I can go wrist-to-wrist with the NBA and win a few rounds on size...

Color me not impressed with your non-answer. Can you do any better? Or do I regift my Versa and get something else?

Said in a challenging tone, but would be willing to take it all back if you can hook a brother up... Please help!

Best Answer

I'm also wearing my versa band on the last hole but consider myself lucky that it fits at all. I notice most of the official fitbit bands are even shorter than the classic (silicone) so are not an option at all. I spent HOURS on amazon yesterday looking for a third party band that would fit (getting bored with black!) and they are few and far between. There are a couple of options that are 9 inches ...still this is not going to be long enough for many people.

I did notice an interesting product on amazon though, there are a couple of sellers who have ankle straps and extender bands that will make the classic band fit a couple of additional inches. In case other readers are not aware of these products, this might be an option worth investigating. It's a shame Fitbit chooses to be sizist and can't offer customers a solution itself .

Best Answer
Thank you for the reply. That’s the best advice I’ve heard, and I will definitely try that. Thanks again. Sue
Best Answer

I tried extenders from Amazon. They did extend the size but left it much more bulky and was uncomfortable 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go on Etsy, about $30 for a custom sized elastic band.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reason I am getting this product is to help me lose weight. I have a pretty big wrist and it was just within the range. However I went by total length not where it could clasp as that information was not indicated. I have a feeling I'll have to send it back. Completely bummed ......

Best Answer

I got lucky and barely fit on the last hole, however, I also found you can buy custom made elastic bands on etsy.  It's a bummer that you can't just buy a legit band but this is a solution if you want to keep the watch.  The cost is about $30.

Best Answer
0 Votes
perfect, thanks for the advice 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I will never ever again buy any Fitbit watch. My first Surge, band broken and replaced under warranty, few months later broken again. I taped it, glued it, tried to fix it with no success. Finally I got Versa (with XL band) as a gift. I was happy because I thought I would be able to replace the band if I needed one. Band only lasted about a year. They can't even make a good bands, and now I can't buy a replacement band because they decided I'm not normal. To all "freaks" with to large wrists stop buying their watches, I know I'm done with them. There is alternative on the market.

Best Answer

The solution is to direct us towards a locked thread so we can comment and vote?

Add me to the list of disgruntled big wristed people 

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I think it would be great to have a XL band for Fitbit Versa. Please take a look at the XL Strap Versa request, vote for it and leave your comment.

Catch you later. Man Happy

Your solution is to send us to a thread that’s locked so we can comment and vote? 

Add me to the list of disgruntled large wristed people 🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes