Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heart rate not working properly... and I am sick of it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a fitbit versa 2 for a bit over 2 months and in the beginning it was working perfectly. But about 3 weeks ago it started having some problems every now and again where the heart rate shown wouldn't match what it really was but i would generally be able to turn it off and on again or move it around a bit and it would suddenly jump up from 70-80's to 150-170's. In the last week or so this problem has been constant. I have tried everything from shaving my wrist, tightening, loosening turning off and on again, cleaning... everything but it continues to display 70-80's when it should be 50+. With the corona virus happening I don't know what I can do to get it looked at but i do know that I am sick of it not working.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

@cboye how do you know it should be 50 and not 70? I am assuming you're measuring side by side. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

oops meant to say 150+ and yeah i've been measuring my pulse side by side with the fitbit heart rate

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cboye So it constantly displays 150+ or are those just spikes? Spikes are pretty much normal as long as it settles quickly. Could you please post some screenshots of your HR measurements from Fitbit mobile app? Take a look how to attach pictures to the post here. In the meantime, please open Settings app on your Versa, scroll down to Heart rate and toggle it OFF and ON several times with the reboot of the tracker in between. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

i'll give the heart rate toggle a go and in the past it would display 70 for a while and then spike a bit but now it just displays around 70 when it should show 150+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine been doing the same...I have to constantly remove it n wipe my hands or even switch hands sometimes, or even flip it upside down on my wrist to get it jump up to 145+ ... It even restart on my wrist by itself during my workout... Really irritating. Makes my working out as little boring cause if can't get a solid peak or cardio because it's not reading

Best Answer

@cboye @Duewbaby could you please attach some screenshots of your daily HR chart? I posted the link to a thread on how to attach pix in my post above. Thx

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

I have been sick up until yesterday since your original reply but tried the toggling yesterday which didn't seem to work. I'm trying to find Dailey heart rate chart but can't seem to find it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am currently experiencing the same problem... and not for the first time. I've had my Versa since July 2019 and Fitbit have had to send two replacement models to me since then because the HR monitor has failed. It is currently showing signs of doing this again. By the time I had walked downstairs and made a cup of tea this morning, my Fitbit had recorded 33 mins of exercise, because my HR reading was so high. I predict that the battery life will now start to reduce, as this is what has happened the previous two times. I'm really fed up with this. Sure, Fitbit have been great at sending me replacements but this really isn't the point! I don't understand why I keep on having reoccurring problems with the HR monitor. Am I using it correctly? I have done all the factory resets and still can't solve the problem. I give up on my Versa altogether! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cboye Open your Fitbit mobile app and tap on the Heart tile (where your HR shows). Under "this week" section, pick a day you would like to visualize. Tap on it. This should take you to the detailed heart rate chart for that day. Please take a screenshot and post here. 🙂 Please take a screenshots of:

• day that HR is way too high according to you
  • day that HR was "normal"

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@96hols No, this is not normal and if you have tried factory resets and they have not helped, I would reach out to Support yet again. Honestly, this should not be happening and I would hazard a guess that your replacements came from the same lot. Unfortunately for you. Don't give up on Versa. Let's hope three times is a charm. 😐

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@Marrrmaduke 

Screenshot_20200415-095648_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20200415-095637_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20200415-095600_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Duewbaby I am assuming you did not exercise during those peak HR moments. At this point, I would perform a factory reset (even several times) and if this is no go, I would ask for a replacement. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

daily6th.jpgdaily14th.jpgdaily16th.jpglast time it functioned normallylast time it functioned normally6th of april6th of april14th of april14th of april16th of april16th of aprillast time in functioned properly on march 27last time in functioned properly on march 27

The issue was never that the HR was too high but that it was almost always too low. When i initially would exercise i wouldn't use the exercise functions but started to when the HR was playing up but it would still sometimes work properly which it did on the 27th of March for the most part (though there are still spots you can see it drops off where it shouldn't). All the other sessions i have screenshots of were very similar in intensity to the one on March 27 and while some may get close to the correct HR  it would always only stay there for a small amount of time and drop off despite me staying at the same intensity and measuring my HR manually side by side and seeing that what the fitbit read was way off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cboye I see I see. I can see quite a bit of variation during your treadmill workout. At this point, I would just reach out to Fitbit Support to get a replacement. You should still be under warranty.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes