Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

music controls to control phone on versa goes away

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using a Fitbit Versa with my Nexus 6p on Android 8.1.0. I have managed to control music playing on my phone with my versa by connecting via Bluetooth to 'versa classic' and then holding the left button and pressing the 3 dots to select the right option "Audio output is controlled by phone". Once I go back, I see the music controls and the name of the song currently playing. Good stuff. Now here's my problem: 1) If I ever leave this screen with the music controls (ie. go back to see the time) and then come back to use the music controls, that screen is back to "Start playing music on your phone" even though music is already playing. I have to press the 3 dots again, pick the left option and then right again, and back again to see the controls 2) This isn't as annoying but I think it's related. The title of the song doesn't update immediately with what is actually playing. Sometimes it's displaying the song that played a few songs back. I notice that none of these issues occur if I use an iphone. Is there a way to fix this or let Fitbit know so they can fix it in an update? Thanks

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Same thing on mine! Except I've only managed to get to the controls once, and when I did it only showed the song I played 3 songs ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same problem. Got to be honest versa and Fitbit app has more bugs than a rainforest. Wifi conect glitches, Bluetooth classic conect issues, Fitbit app not responding, music player can't detect music playing, store browsing a nightmare, installing clockface errors, screen not waking up and tracker update stuck halfway and no way to cancel it I had to delete the app and reinstall. I've been pulling my hair out since I bought it. I'll patiently await updates but why so broken Fitbit, why?

Best Answer

So true @XenDazzle . I hope updates will fix this, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Best Answer

Here here, this is incredibly disappointing to have this functionality go away.  The music control access on my Blaze was so great, please bring this back to Versa. In a quick swipe manner.

Best Answer

Fitbit OS needs a native / more user friendly media control functionality.

Where are all the pebble devs at?

Best Answer

I agree, so far swiping left does nothing but move the screen. Also time should be displayed atop music control screen. A smart watch that doesn't display the time is dumb watch. 

Best Answer

The pebble was rock solid at all these things. Someone show the fitbit devs how please. 

Best Answer

Dropping in here to give this a signal boost because, almost a year and a half later, this is still the faulty behavior. It has not been fixed for 17 months so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes