Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Quick Replies" feature for iOS users

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there! Love the look of the new Fitbit Versa! However, any word on if Iphone users will be able to access the quick reply text feature? Or is that only going to be offered to Andrioid users permanently? 

Thanks! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
140 REPLIES 140

Yup...I finally switched to Android. I left Apple, best thing ever because I love my Fitbit versa!

Best Answer

it clearly states in fine print that the quick reply feature is coming to android only. Jeez, people these days.

Moderator edit:  word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I bought it in stores the box said it was for androids and iPhones thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I bought the Fitbit in store it did not say anything about androids only is said for iPhones and androids thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Even or not it’s printed, such thing shouldn’t be in the fine print! It should be clear as water. And for 2 years now they said it should come.
Even the stores told me that it should work.

You can’t sell a watch and announce functions that is not possible. That was the function that was the reason I bought it. But after asking 100 times and still didn’t get any answer I bought a Apple Watch. I had Fitbit since the first version. And I like it. But because of the lack of respons or ignorance I left them
Best Answer

I hear ya Jones! I went from Apple, because of the locked down unfriendly-to-app-deveolper system...and sadly, the dealbreaker than made me return it was the 1 day  battery life. 

I like the 7 day battery life of my Versa. It is a travesty...bordering on false advertising...but they get out of that with the teenie weenie fine print "android only". 

I am mixed...the Apple also has it's flaws..poor developer support/watch faces. Appalling battery life, and the Cell connectivity horrid...at least here in Canada.

Having a lot of Apple devices (no I'm not a fan-boy) that talk to each other flawlessly, I expected the same from my Versa...I had tried a Galaxy watch as well..(fail...it WILL reluctantly, badly, sort of work with Apple.) and it works fairly well..buggy, constant rebootish at times..but works.

Dear Apple...if you are reading this...for LOVE of all things, puh LEEZE fix these issues...FitBit won't reply to us...and I WANT to go back...but I won't charge my watch every day lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my new Fitbit versa and saw this message and it is now August 2019 and there is still not a solution for quick replies? Bummer!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my new versa and then I saw this post and there is still no solution as of August 2019? Bummer for us Apple users!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great News...within the next few months a new Versa will be launched and it will be Alexa enabled! Alexa is great!..thousand percent better than Siri.. It was Apples decision not to work with Fitbit...since Fitbit is a serious competitor.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Unfortunately I don’t think it will happen anytime soon...this is Apples decision, not Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Makes sense. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
  • This makes no sense , I’m taking back the fit bit and getting an iwatch3 .
Best Answer
I thought about it as well. I’m just not interested in paying for able
additional phone on my account to be able to use to quick text response.
That part bothered me. So if I got an Iwatch it’s considered an additional
phone on your account. I didn’t like that at all just for quick replies. It
did state when I bought mine that they were available.. it didn’t say for
Android only. When I called about it they changed it soon after. I agree it
should be an option but I understand fitbit and iPhone are competitive and
when I spoke to Apple they said they have no intentions on allowing fitbit
to use their technology. So I don’t think it will change and time soon 🥴
--
Jami Gill
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the versa 2 for Christmas, thinking I could reply on the Fitbit. But I couldn’t, it made me very disappointed in Fitbit. It’s good for tracking things but I can’t reply on Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the only reason I bought this is for the responses. Only to find out it’s only android? I’m not happy at all. False advertising 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have been using that excuse for YEARS, blaming it on the phone. It's obviously possible since the Apple Watch does it. Can't you come to an agreement with them or do a workaround?  PEBBLE had a workaround for AT&T clients! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's the status here? I would really want this feature! 😥

Best Answer
0 Votes
After years with Fitbit I finally went over to Apple Watch because the lack of that feature.
Best Answer

I guess I should be doing the same. Honestly, a small hint on whether this feature would even be possible would have been nice.😣  I saw posts from 2018 and seems like it won't happen.

Apple watch it is! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately I don’t see it happening as iPhone and Fitbit are
competitors. I’ve looked at other e-watches other then Iwatches and I’ve
noticed they all say unable to answer calls or relies to texts. I think our
only shot at this changing would be if one company buys the other. It’s
unfortunate and I know when I originally bought my Fitbit it didn’t say
IPhone users couldn’t use these functions. I contacted customer support and
sent them a screenshot of the portion that clearly didn’t say anything
about iPhone users and was told it was an error. Though this was a big part
of the reasons for my purchase I was extremely disappointed so I was