Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

second fitbit dead at 2 year mark? Is this the norm?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all, 

This is my second versa that has died at exactly the 2 year mark. Is this common? My first one stopped tracking my heart rate and then never turned on again, and now the button on my Versa stopped working and is stuck on the wallet so i can't even use it as a normal watch. I'm getting pretty tired of these things dying every 2 years. Is this the norm? 

I was thinking of upgrading to the google watch but not if I know for sure that it'll be useless in 2 years. 

Contacted customer service and they'll offer a discount but no answer on why this keeps happening. Pretty annoyed at this point and thinking of switching to samsung

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @ssip - it can happen that a firmware update coincides with warranty termination and causes a problem or water gets in which can depend on how the watch has been used. My Versa is nearly 3 years old but I never got it wet or updated the firmware.

For your current problem if the watch is still syncing have you tried to change the clock face, this should unlock the impasse and allow you to use the watch Settings to restart, or factory reset it, in case it is a temporary fixable problem.

If you want good battery life check what other brands offer. Pixel or Apple is only about a day and Samsung a bit more, Others such as some Garmin models for instance have upto 10 days.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, 

I got so excited when I saw this post because I really thought changing the clock would work, but it's still stuck on "set up wallet". No change.

With no option to restart my Fitbit from my phone I'm still stuck. I don't think it's an update problem as the button is the real issue.

Thanks for your help

I use it daily, never shower with it and wipe clean after work outs. I was so careful with this one and the same outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ssip- thanks, what you can try doing is let the battery run down completely, this should restart it when you charge it again in a week and hopefully get you out of the problem.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for your help. I tried charging it to see if it would change so now I guess I'll wait. 

I've tried contacting Fitbit and keep getting empty responses that I can't respond to or follow up on. I'm so annoyed

Best Answer
0 Votes