Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

versa heart rate too high walking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

on two consecutive evenings I've been out for a walk and found that i'm getting high heart rates on my versa. 

yesterday i didn't notice until i got home - but the graph shows 180+ bpm. I'm not as fit as i'd like to be - but was was only walking briskly, on flat ground - usually 105 - 115bpm.

This evening i looked while walking and it was again > 180 bpm. I did not count my pulse but i am 100% sure it was not 180 bpm. I took the watch off and after about 10 seconds bpm went to ---. I put it back on again and it jumped straight back to 180. i stood still for 2 or 3 minutes and it varied up and down by about 5bpm (presumably my real heat rate was dropping during this time).  I then reset the watch while it was on my wrist and as soon as it came on it was about 100bpm. I walked home at the same brisk rate and it performed normally - showing rates of between about 105 and 115.

I have read the instructions on how to wear it and its been working fine for weeks like this. The fact that i could reset it and it was immediately about right suggest to me that ...

1. i was wearing it correctly

2. the sensor didn't change its dirtyness.

3. there's a software or hardware bug.

What do i do now ? I'm ok with the occasional bug, but the same thing happening at almost the same time two days in a row it boring already.

I also have to put up with it occasionally deciding to cancel my workouts during the workout. 

thanks, Kev

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@xykevinr I think you should be good as long as you remember to reboot Versa from time to time. Not even because of the heart rate, but simply because the device needs it. After all it's not like it has a huuuge available memory. I usually reboot mine each several days. 👍🏻

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

Hi @Marrrmaduke

i’ll try your suggestion, thanks - although I disagree with the reason. Just not having much memory should not force the need for a reboot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@xykevinr Did you manage to resolve the issue? 🙂

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same issue. Have had the versa since June and did not have this same problem till recently. Did the reset, deleted and reinstalled app etc as directed by FitBit. Heart rate accuracy has become inconsistent and sometimes extremely inaccurate. Have been told that need to wait for the next update and that could fix this issue. They are aware there is an issue from the responses I have been given. Frustrated as how long should I have to wait when device does not work correctly. They will not replace but say must wait for an update but cannot say when update will be. 

Anyone else experience this and also not happy with the response they have been given. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke wrote:

@Marrrmaduke wrote:

I also have the same issue. Have had the versa since June and did not have this same problem till recently. Did the reset, deleted and reinstalled app etc as directed by FitBit. Heart rate accuracy has become inconsistent and sometimes extremely inaccurate. Have been told that need to wait for the next update and that could fix this issue. They are aware there is an issue from the responses I have been given. Frustrated as how long should I have to wait when device does not work correctly. They will not replace but say must wait for an update but cannot say when update will be. 

Anyone else experience this and also not happy with the response they have been given. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JoanneOw 

i dont think it's resolved. I've been resetting the watch every few days and have not seen it since. In my mind not really a resolution, but its no longer a problem.

Kev

Best Answer
0 Votes