1-Button Start for Activities with Vehicle Ride Deactivation Mode

The one thing everyone does ALL the time, is starting/stopping exercises. This was instant in previous versions, but in the Charge 3 it's buried under menus and swipes. I loved the feature and now I'm about to give up using my fitbit because it has become so cumbersome to use.

Another super important thing is accuracy. Every time I get in the car to go somewhere, this thing keeps registering imaginary steps that I never walked. If I drive a lot in a day, it adds up to many imaginary consumed calories that it's almost useless to pay attention to. If you guys can't figure out how to accurately and reliably detect a vehicle ride and stop counting steps, at least give us a 2nd button to instantaneously turn off step counting until we get off the car. Why a dedicated button? Same point as above. People ride vehicles multiple times a day and digging under menus and swipes so regularly, is simply not practical: we'll soon give up using the feature. And a calorie tracker that thinks you are working out while in fact you are sitting on a chair, is probably not worth having.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

2 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @welljim.

Thanks for taking the time to share your idea about making it easier to start and access activities on the Fitbit. Having that capability could be welcomed by a lot of users. It would definitely be less time consuming.

Let's see what other users have to say about it.

welljim
Jogger

Thanks @LanuzaFitbit May I suggest that you change back to my original title though, because the current title masks entirely the second concept proposed in this post and users eyeballing what posts to read, will very likely skip it.

How about this title: "1-Button Start for Activities with Vehicle Ride deactivation mode"

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.