24 hour clock format as option in the Fitbit app

Put the option to change the clock on the Fitbit devices in the app itself instead of forcing people to use the web interface to select 24hr clock format.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

42 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey! I think this is a great idea and could make things easier, mostly for people that only uses their phone and not a computer. 

Thanks for stopping by! Woman Wink

Zowwiewowwie
First Steps
An option to turn on a 24 hour clock (military time) from the app would bfor awesom!
danjaws831
First Steps

Allow the phone app to change this setting not just the computer only access

Moderator edit: labels and edited title for clarity 

PureEvil
10K Racer

Are you not able to access the website on your phone?  Isn't it just changing the setting at the bottom of the page?

Honestly, I'd rather they spend more time implementing some of the other features (like Team Challenges).  For a setting that most users will change probably once, I think it's fine to have it only available from the web page (which should be accessible on any smartphone).

danjaws831
First Steps
I am able to access it on the computer I just think it would be nice to have access on the app I probably change mine more than the normal person!

Sent from my iPhone
PureEvil
10K Racer

That's fair.  Most folks I know change it precisely once.  In fact, they change it so infrequently that they forget where to change it.  Smiley Wink

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

That be nice, if possible to make it easier what if it could be done on the tracker itself? 😉

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Completely agree. Can't beleive we have to go to a web site to change this..
oldtownpaul
First Steps

I've just bought a new Blaze and struggled working out how to display the time in 24 hour format.  It turns out that you can only do this online via your web profile.  How about making the option available within the app?

Thanks.

mdjenks
First Steps

Please make it an option in the app I'm have a lot of issues trying to get the website to save! 

jezbd1997
First Steps

I changed my iPhone time to 24-hour format recently and thought I may as well also change it on my Charge 2, dug around for ages within the app assuming it'd be a quick simple switch like my phone but turned out I was wrong. I had to login on my laptop and change it, save, and then sync my Fitbit with the app.

Surely this simple feature can be added as I noticed there's an option to change the time zone, within the iOS app.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please!

jeremiahlee
Runner

Currently, the 12 or 24-hour clock display time setting is only available via Fitbit's Web app. This makes discovering the setting difficult, as I do not use the Web app regularly. Please add the clock display time setting to your iOS, Android, and Windows apps.

Steph219
First Steps

I would like to be able to set my clock to 24-hour through the app and not the website. I change between time settings throughout the week and this would be more efficient.

Knightfal
First Steps

Great idea. Come on fit bit, lets get our acts together anf support S Health integration.

K.

@Elky wrote:

Put the option to change the clock on the charge and charge HR in the app itself instead of forcing people to use the web interface to select 24hr clock format.

Tj1972
First Steps

I am a healthcare worker and could not figure out how to change my blaze to a 24 hr clock.  After emailing for help, I was told I had to log onto my account online in order to change it.  Would be much easier to add this choice to the app.

sleedoh
Base Runner

Yes please add it to the phone app. it seems  counter intuitive to go to the web app

JellyJoe
First Steps

Finally a solution! I was not even informed that there was a website to change the settings. If they don't add the setting in app they at least need to advertise that there are more settings on the website in the help section/quick start guide.

QuentinC
Jogger

While most people will change this setting either 0 or 1 times, and you could argue that the developers could better spend their time implementing other features - I expect the customer service people spend more time telling people where the setting is than the effort it would take to add it to the app.  There is an app, it has settings - I would never have even considered going to the website to look for other settings that aren't in the app (except that I asked on Twitter and Fitbit replied).  So, I too vote to add this (and any other website only settings) to the app.

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

Fitbit certainly seems to be taking steps away from computer use.  The Versa/Ionic/Charge 3/Aria 2 cannot be set up on a Mac and can only be set up on a Windows PC running the Windows 10 app.  Fitbit has become very app centered.  Please put 24 hour clock choice on the app.  You should not need to go to the web dashboard to do this.

PureEvil
10K Racer

@LZeeW,

Is there anything preventing you from going to the settings page from your phone?  I mean I can understand if this is a setting you're changing all the time, but I may set it once a year...  I don't think that going to the website is a huge imposition.

Fitbit does not have infinite time and resources, and all things being the same, I'd rather Fitbit spend their engineering time on other features.

Smoke14
Jogger

Adding the time format option into the app would be a great time saver. As people need to record entries for work using military time. But don't need this all the time  Please add to app

Thanks 

GrossTiger
Recovery Runner

The only way to toggle 12/24 hour time is to log into the website on a COMPUTER and change it in profile settings.  Please add this to the Fitbit mobile app so we can toggle it from our phones.  

GrossTiger
Recovery Runner

Last time I tried it, the mobile webpage was broken for updating this in some cases.  It should be very simple to implement this... Just add the call to the API gateway and update the app with the new toggle graphic.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GrossTiger! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.