3rd Party Apps on Sense 2 and Versa 4

Restore the ability to install 3rd party apps on the Versa 4 as was possible in previous versions of the watch.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label.

715 Comments
A2796
First Steps

I am very disappointed that my new versa 4 doesn’t do half the stuff my versa 2 did. After 3 year my versa 2 suddenly stopped working and would not update, i did what was suggested by the help team but nothing worked and they had no other way to help which is a bit annoying. So I got the new versa 4 and I’m told you can’t download 3rd party apps that there is a vote to see if they should add it back. The answer is yes! You can do so much more with it which is why I stuck with Fitbit. Wish I didn’t now. 

Lvurpet
Recovery Runner

I thought to upgrade my versa lite to the sense 2 for the ecg.  I own a tiny pocket ecg but at 2am if I want a reading it's inconvenient to turn on the device and wait for it to sync. I read several industry watch reviews and decided on the sense 2 even though for me it was expensive. I didn't open it right away as I was in hospital. So by the time I did it was out of the return window. I'm stuck with a VERY overpriced watch.  I am forced to use the apps provided which is not much.  I lost my Trace watch face.  I lost med ID which contained valuable medical history. I lost the flashlight app!  Seriously?  All this money and the watch is useless to me. It's junk.  You should also allow more than one watch.  Why can't I use both my versa AND my sense?  Had I known the sense 2 was junk I'd have bought a Garmin. Fix this mess!

karendl
Jogger

I’ve been a big fan of Versa series for a long time because I could use it in the water.  When the seal on my V2 failed, I thought I’d “upgrade” to a Versa 4. I choked a bit at the $200 price but I ASSUMED it was actually an upgrade.  I was very disappointed to discover that 3rd party apps are not supported.  Please rethink this decision!  I used a metronome app mainly, but i loved some of the others.

i returned my V4 and found a refurbished Versa 2 for a fraction of the price.  Next time, I’ll do my research first.

EthanJordan
Jogger

I can't return my smartwatch either because I got it from an online shop with no refund policy.

I loved having a sense 1, because of the inbuilt features - and I went to upgrade to the sense 2, after doing a tone of research on the pixel watch; and decided the sense 2 would be better for my liking.

I simply would have bought the pixel watch is I knew fitbit was going to remove spotify, and google assistant. Smart watches are meant to reduce reliance on your phone, now its just a glorified heartbeat sensor. The sense 1 is superior to the sense 2 in every way.

Philbo64
Jogger

I have waited just over a year for Fitbit to actually do something about the lack of apps with no sign of anything happenening or even an acknowledgement. So in the end, I have jumped ship and am now the proud owner of a Galaxy Watch. Admittedly it came free with a new phone and in some aspects ... not not as good as the versa 2 (battery life being the main issue) ... it at least comes with some apps which is what a smart watch is supposed to do.

ingridmandela
First Steps

sense 2 feels more like a dumbwatch than a smartwatch..no apps! think I will return it

Jojojill
First Steps
Return it is google option, if you still can
KittyCookieCat
First Steps

Thank god I found out it does not support 3rd party apps before I bought it. I was going to purchase a new versa 4, but I will instead be sticking with my older Versa.  I would not buy a new product without the ability to download 3rd party apps. Mainly because I listen to music on Spotify, but I use many other 3rd party apps as well.

I hope to see this feature added back on future versions.

Rizza261
First Steps

I just switched from my old versa 2 and got a Verssa 4, very dissapointed in the lack of third party apps.
My watch is pretty useless now compared to my old one. I had many handy utilities and cool little games including my favourite clockface which is now buggy on the new watch.
My money has just gone to waste on this watch.
Hope something changes in the next software update or something.

CTHolt01
Jogger
Not going to happen. It's been a year and a half with no changes and with
Google owning them now, it's Pixel or nothing. Support is useless, I tried
going down that route. And they wouldn't even offer a discount for the
pixel because it's consider a Google product and not a Fitbit product, but
they aren't getting further support. Just having their customers fade off
and hate their products more day by day. It's really sad and frustrating.
Bought mine in May of last year and just tried working with support on Jan
15th. I fought for the users and lost. Goodluck.
AlBob75
Jogger

I agree with @CTHolt01, can't see them ever bringing back 3rd party app support, or music controls for that matter.

I gave up on this quite a while ago, but have kept my eye on the forums. It's sad to see how they are treating their customers.

I'd also avoid switching to a Pixel watch too if you can, as you'd be supporting Google pulling this kind of action again in the future.

Rizza261
First Steps

I just find this crazy. Why would they do this to destroy such successful watches.

There is also the clock faces, my favs are not working properly on my new watch.

I have been using fitbit since the Charge 2 and my new watch feels like it's going back in time.

This is just all silly.

EdSieja
First Steps
I had two clockfaces I wrote for my Versa2 and while they tested lots of
CFs, they were not allowed to port anymore to Versa4. Of course both of
mine were left behind to die with the Versa brand. RIP Versa
JustAGuy408
Jogger
Please add 3rd party apps to the Fitbit versa 4 and sense 2, I have only bought the versa 4 because I thought it would have 3rd party apps like the previous 2 models. very disappointing.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JustAGuy408, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding 3rd-party apps to the Versa 4 and Sense 2 with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Dev001
First Steps

If I had known that 3rd party app are not available, I would not have bought this watch. I have been using versa 2 and 3. Now I feel I downgraded to 4.

Can this feature be added, please. 

SirErik
Jogger

I feel ripped off. 

I was upgrading from an old Versa 2 to a Sense 2... But it seems I downgraded instead.

No more third party app, my Mastercard (fully working with Versa 2) won't Work on Sense 2 (my bank confirms it should work with any Fitbit supporting Fitbit pay/Google Wallet). 

Looks like Google is leaving this brand behind to push the overpriced round shaped Pixel (I prefer the square shaped Fitbit).

Just bought the watch, I might just as well return it and find a better alternative to Google products (meaning no Pixel watch). 

zsolt67
Recovery Runner

Really???? No apppps??? 

CGaulin
Recovery Runner

How have we gone backwards in smart watch features? Over a year and a half with 2500 votes and it seems like we are unheard.

ZiXu
Jogger

If I wanted an apple I would have bought one. 

a7358887
First Steps

@YojanaFitbit 

@LizzyFitbit 

This is absolutely ridiculous.  My daughter received a Versa 4 as a gift from her grandma, no receipt.  She was beyond excited, then crushed when she realized it doesn't do anything fun like games.  I would equate this to buying a new fridge, and discovering, by design, that it doesn't cool.  There are certain features that are assumed simply by the nature of the product and the past versions.  Removing a critical feature like this is absolute lunacy.  And I can't even take it back.  

Kerr58420
Recovery Runner

Does ANYONE know when we will get  ANY apps on Sense 2 and Versa 4. 

We have no music connectivity, no Spo2, no Google assistant and cannot even get the Fitbit Agenda App or clock faces from Fitbit labs.

Its actually insane.

And with all 3rd party apps being discontinued in Europe from June can someone confirm if Fitbit will at least start developing some of its own apps to make up for this?  

Sense 2 is meant to be a smart watch but its just a stripped down tracker. Please help 

Can one of the mods PLEASE get an update from the developers. 

MoDaBro
Recovery Runner

I  had a fitbit versa 4 for 8 months. I  enjoyed the 6 months included fitbit premium, but after 8 months its just a bad watch. Luckily, a relative gave me their old Apple watch series 4 which is more compatible with my apple devices, and its way better for the price! You can get an apple watch 4 or garmin for around 100 USD. The apple watch is way more worth it and I  basically have the exact same amount of features as the newest Apple watch series 9 (apart from a few features eg gestures etc, but its still a FANTASTIC purchase.) If you are looking to buy any fitbit, id recommend avoiding the company completely and look at Garmins (if your on android) or Apple watch (IOS.) 

I  know fitbit is not going to fix the versa 4 issues, so just dont buy it. This is only my opinion though, do whatever you want lol 🙂

JuJuBear999
Stepping Up

If this is going to be the norm in future then my next watch will definitely not be a Fitbit sadly 

Julesnb
First Steps

Starbucks and 3rd party apps would be so helpful. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.