3rd Party Apps on Sense 2 and Versa 4

Restore the ability to install 3rd party apps on the Versa 4 as was possible in previous versions of the watch.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label.

709 Comments
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for your participation. Let me share the Feature Suggestions board is a place where you can share the ideas that you wish to see in the future, so our developers can take them into consideration for new updates and product development.

We appreciate your feedback about being able to install third-party apps on the Sense 2 and Versa 4, and we'll update the status of this suggestion as soon as we have more details. To learn more about this board and how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released, see our FAQs.

AlBob75
Jogger

Not sure what that response means to be honest. Even if it's to indicate that this might happen in the future, it's too little too late for me. My return window was coming to an end, so I've sent mine back.

In my opinion these smartwatches should not have been marketed as successors to the versa and sense, when so much functionality was removed.

cyberdog433
First Steps

Without the 3rd Party Support, and of course missing Google Assistant, Wallet, and other features which are present and work on my original Sense, I didn't take their upgrade offer of $100 off, sent a couple weeks back.  My wife decided she also wants a watch like my Sense, as her Samsung miscounts steps, and doesn't offer the sleep monitoring present on my Sense. - Guess what model she's getting, yup, an ORIGINAL Sense, that has those features.

Hopefully the wake up and release an update that enables the missing & disabled features.  I'd love the updates on the monitoring offered in the Sense 2, but not at the cost of the missing/disabled items.

chacho92
First Steps
No 3rd Party Apps on Versa 4???? - TERRIBLE DEV. C'mon!!!!! This is ridiculous. Dev team has gone BACKWARDS. WHY????
Sirrunsalot
First Steps

This is ridiculous, I don't know if it's to boost up sales for the pixel watch or the urgency to go to market, but removing 3rd party app support makes the sense 2 and versa 4 undesirable. I'll not be upgrading to the sense 2 unless 3rd party app support is enabled again 

asiayeah
Pace Setter

When using fitbit's comparison tool on Sense and Sense 2, I don't think it's showing the big difference that Sense supports 3rd party apps but Sense 2 doesn't. That's probably the biggest information hiding from fitbit's marketing. 

gianiaz
Base Runner
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @chacho92, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about supporting third-party apps on Sense 2 and Versa 4. Because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

MadreDrago64
Jogger

I am very disappointed in Fitbit for releasing Versa 4 without the ability to download 3rd party apps. The Versa 4 is definitely not a Smartwatch! I, like many others, rely on 3rd party apps and Fitbit has basically given the masses a health tracker.

Moderator Edit: Formatting and word choice.

Timber16
Keeping Pace

Please add Weight Watchers app for versa 4!!!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MadreDrago64, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about supporting third-party apps on Versa 4. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Emmijo4
First Steps

Please add this feature! Just got my Versa 4 today after having the Versa 2 and was astounded that the watch didn't include this feature. It's really a step in the wrong direction considering the watch costs so much more than the Versa 2. Considering returning to get the previous version ....

Stuart00123
First Steps

I just received the Versa 4 for my birthday, a huge upgrade i thought from my versa 2. Wow... Just Wow.... what a utter disappointment.

I am in shock that Fitbit would make their "new and improved" devices worse and charge significantly more money for them.

The management at Fitbit need to understand that "The Customer is ALWAYS right". If we want third party apps, you need to enable the features to allow them or else continue to damage your brand in the eyes of the consumers; but hey what do we know right? I mean we are only the ones that will not be buying any of your future products!  

Oh and i voted yes btw 🙂

Sunking
Jogger

I have been a very loyal Fitbit client for very long time. Unfortunately I lost my versa 2 so I looked to buy either a sense of versa four. Like other people I was completely taken off guard that it did not have a lot of features especially being able to download your own music. I have tons of CDs and things in my personal music library that I like to take with me when I'm out walking or moving around the city. The fact that I can't do that I find completely ridiculous. I'm not sure what fitbits thinking is on this and I'm sure the developers are being hit hard too because they probably don't like the comments and everything that's going on. I don't really blame them this is an upper management issue. I'm going to hold out on buying anything at least for the next three to four months. Right now I'm using my blaze. It's old but it works and it gives me the basics that I need for the time being. If I don't see any changes in that Fitbit has stopped caring for its customers since it's been purchased by Google for me I will do the unthinkable and that's the go all in on Apple. It is utterly sad that this is even a thought in my mind, but if a company doesn't listen it means that they don't care. And if you don't care then why would I spend my money . I'll wait and see what happens if nothing Apple watch and apple ecosystem here I come. Get it together Google,  Fitbit is a much better company than what you're showing right now

ccjlipin
First Steps
I agree. My sense is still working. I have already return the sense 2. It’s useless. Next step is an apple watch if the sense is not improved!

Sent from my iPhone
17gaky
First Steps

Why are the new products named "sense2" and "versa4"?
If the main function was lost, I think that it should have been released as a different series.
That gave me time to scrutinize and think about features before buying.

BitBitter
First Steps

Very lousy decision to deprecate such important features

Maylen
First Steps

I just received my Fitbit Sense 2 for my birthday and was looking forward to getting a smartwatch. I am so disappointed, this is no upgrade for me from Charge 4. And that you ask us - the consumers you mislead, to actually take action, to vote before you look into meeting our expectations and follow through on your advertisement on the product makes me so disappointed in you. I have had Fitbit since 2014. Fix this right now and no not make me buy an Apple Watch. 

pingra2319
First Steps

I could not be more disappointed with my fitbit versa 4 purchase.  How can you release a watch that is worse then its predecessor.  I cant check a calendar, use any fitness apps, listen to pandora or spotify or use a weather app?  No 3rd party apps are compatible with this watch with no plans to do so!!!   I will be returning and getting a apple watch SE.  You just lost a long time customer.    

Rex_LYK
Jogger

Please add back the feature otherwise the Sense 2 should be renamed as Sense 0 or Sense - 1

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have owned several Fitbits over the years.  I purchased one for my mother last Christmas.  I have always been impressed with the features and battery life, so I was very excited to get the Sense 2, with the updated health features.  However, I preordered from another outlet, and over the last few days realized it wasn't just a bug, but we are unable to download 3rd party apps.  What a step in the wrong direction.....to make things worse, no update from the company as to why.  

Also, I found out that Fitbit is now offering the watch for $100 less than what I paid for it, and I'm unable to return it.  What a joke.  I will never purchase from Fitbit again.  Very disappointing.  This watch should not be called a SMARTWATCH!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Really disappointed as every other buyer complaining about this... To rub even more salt into Versa 4/Sense 2 wounds, I've just discovered that integration with apps like Adidas Running is non-existing, I can't export any exercise data! (and will never happen since third party apps are excluded), forcing me to use the subpar, premium-paid, Fitbit app with those horrendous exercise graphs. One thing I truly hate is that you can't combine graphs showing altitude, distance, speed and HR... Furthermore, even the GPS is failing to sync on my first run, ffs. Seriously thinking about filling a formal complaint about misleading advertising to a consumers association, because this is clearly done on purpose to bump Pixel Watch sales. Should have bought an Amazfit smartwatch, for sure.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

As a follow up to my earlier post, I was able to get this retailer to return this crappy watch and going to check out the new Samsung.  byeeeeee

ZacharyWhite
First Steps

Unbelievable. I feel so stupid for not learning this before upgrading to the Sense 2. If this isn't fixed soon or something is announced soon I'll take this back. It's a massive downgrade and I'm shocked Fitbit allowed it. Removing functionality of an upgraded product is a slap in the face to your customers. At this point it's better to get an older version. Absolutely asinine stuff. 

yvagary
First Steps
I’d love to see 3rd party apps and clocks added/upgraded/updated to the Sense 2 (or Versa 4 for some). It’d be amazing to get apps like Spotify back, or random apps like “Type Calc” that I used to use for Pokemon types while playing the games. Very helpful!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.