7 Day Average on main screen next to daily step count

I posted this in the ios app store, but was told i need to post here too.  would like to see 7 day step average on main screen with daily step count.  this is likely a more meaningful number for many users like me since the daily count can fluctuate greatly depending upon what is going on with me that day.   i would also like to suggest that developers look at the reviews in the app store so we dont need to double post here.  thank you

4 Comments
Odyssey13
Community Legend

Hello and welcome to the forums @SevenDayAve

That is a great idea. There are days when I'm not taking as many steps or not wearing my Fitbit and it does bring down that seven day average.

Good idea!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@SevenDayAve thank you for sharing this suggestion with us. It would be interesting to have the average amount of steps for the last 7 days, in order to compare it with the current day. Let's hear what others think. 🙂

SevenDayAve
First Steps
You are welcome. I feel it is a more meaningful number.

Sent from my iPhone
rollingaverage
Recovery Runner

This feature would make Fitbit so much more useful. I was running a hack that sort of did this for me, back when IFTTT was free: IFTTT would take a daily report from Fitbit and put the data into a Google Sheet, and then the Sheet would produce rolling averages. But where I come from I call that work. My life would be so much easier if Fitbit did this natively.

This is especially true with workouts. I found through personal observation that if I set a goal of exercising at least two days out of the previous five I enable patterns that help me stick with plans. But I can’t effectively track this if the count is resetting every week. To really enable this would require a different functionality (“enable user to set goal of x days out of trailing y days” where x and y are both variables as opposed to “enable user to set goal of x days out of trailing y days” where y is always 7), but if I could only use last 7 I’d set for 3 out of 7 and live with it.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.