A calendar in the dashboard

Sometimes I like to compare things. For example, I would love to check my first days with having the watch to my latest scores, and... I have to click. Having a calendar would have been so much easier than clicking 100+ times.

It would be cool to have the days marked when the watch was used (I, for example, don't take fitbit with me when traveling abroad without access to civilization with power supplies).

I would really love it! It's so simple 🙂

13 Comments
melissa0366
Premium User
First Steps

I'm not a big fan of the new dashboard, sad to say.  The old dashboard had a calendar option so you could select which date in the past you wished to view, now I am forced to toggle back day by day until I get to my desired date.  Any way to include the old calendar option on the new dashboard?

I am also a premium subscriber.  On the old dashboard I was able to view my daily calorie burns relative to my trainer goals.  I was also able to toggle to the 12 week view to see my progress.  I don't know how to view that now.  Any suggestions?

david-mancusi
Jogger

I'm realtively new to FitBit and am enjoying the visibility the product provides into my personal metrics. There are some improvements I've read requesting tiles to track Sodium, Blood Pressure, Glucose. I don't see whether these have been accepted and when we might be able to see these on a new release of the dashboard. 

One other comment; I read requests for taking the nutrutional information data into a tile. I could see the challenges with this, but if there were a tile for each piece of summary information which could then be viewed in a longer term trend, I could also see tremedous value for this. 

Is there a site where you discuss development priorities? Or could a moderator comment on the state of the above requests. I have specific need to track Sodium, Glucose, and Blood Pressure, but would also benefit from the additional clarity tracking my nutritional intake would provide. Currently I use a spreadsheet and the outputs from the dashboards to inform both my nutrionalist and my Dr. 

Thanks!

melissa0366
Premium User
First Steps
In the new dashboard upgrade they removed the BP and glucose logging
functions. Also removed the body measurements function as well. I presume
there were not many people using them so they were ditched.

Regarding the nutritional log, I'm not sure what additional clarity you
might be looking for. I've logged my foods fairly easily there and they
have summaries of calories, fat, fiber, carbs, sodium, and protein by item,
by meal, and by day. If you have premium you can also export all your
nutritional data. I think a summary tile for nutritional info could be
fairly complex and might not provide enough useful data in a small snapshot
like that.
Michael
5K Racer

@melissa0366 You may want to vote for my existing feature suggestion to add a date picker to the dashboard.

melissa0366
Premium User
First Steps

@Michael Excellent!  I have done so.  Hopefully they will reincorporate that feature.

PrinnyB
Jogger

I am not happy that the way the new dashboard registers steps is relative to the previous day rather than how many steps I have taken that day. If I needed that information on the old dashboard I could just have looked at the previous day.

I am in my 70s so my daily activity level does vary considerably, I am mainly interested in whether I have reached my goal or not.

jmstacey
Jogger
Agreed--make the dashboard more efficient. This new dashboard is a big step back in functionality and usefulness compared to the original.
DW50
Strider

For those of us that used the old dashboard to quicky look at our stats, the new one is overwhelming and does me no good at all.   Please bring back tiles that show what we used.  There are some people that use the FitBit that do not want everything that your new dashboard has to offer, we just want it plain and simple.  Please give us the option to look at it and get on to moving.  Can't imagine how much time people that use the full dashboard spend at their computer entering everything!

sew1der
Recovery Runner

I really am insulted by the new dashboard.  It seems designed for those who prefer to live in a "sound bite" world where superficial summaries are presented in "pretty" color pie charts. Perhaps many want things "dumbed down"  so they do not have to process numbers.  I could accept this kindergarten interface if there was an option to look behind most of the pretty tiles to get to the substance that was availble on the old dashboard.   Sadly, much of that is gone.

I have been a die-hard fan of fit bit since the release of their first tracker.  Their customer service has been exemplary.  The decision to offer only the new dashboard is a huge dissappointment.

backninemac
First Steps

I too miss my old dashboard.  Was able to track glucose readings and blood pressure.  Were these options dropped when newer products were introducted?

DW50
Strider

Such a shame that they can't give the options we want in tiles, and we can pick and choose the tiles we want and use.  The work was done to create those, and the technology is still there, all they have to do it introduce a tile with it.  We just need to keep it first and foremost in teh conversation, they think we will just forget it.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.