A clip that could be used with the Inspire HR

I have a Fitbit Blaze but looking for something smaller and sleek so when I saw the Inspire HR, I was excited particularly when I saw there was a clip FINALLY, I thought this was great, best of both worlds until I realised it only works with the basic Inspire model. You can turn the HR feature off on the Blaze so surely this is something that could be done on the Inspire HR too for the times when you don't want to wear it on your wrist and are happy to forego HR tracking? 

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us @dkerins83We look forward to hearing what other community members think about having a clip for the Inspire HR. 

Julia_G
Ultramarathon Racer

The Inspire has a setting so that it can be worn "on clip" or "on wrist". This setting makes the algorithms for counting steps more accurate when wearing the Fitbit Inspire depending on whether you wear it on your wrist, or on your core (pocket, body, belt, bra, hip etc.)

The Inspire HR should also have this option.

JoeGV
Base Runner

I have to agree.  Many a time I want to wear something more decorative yet want to have my fibit with me.  I love my watches and bracelets and the fitbit doesn't play well with all attire.  It's also a reason why I don't own a smartwatch.

WavyDavey
10K Racer

Yes! Just because a model has HR, doesn't mean it shouldn't be worn in clip mode at other times.

BBurgDave
Strider

I agree completely. This seems simple, you should let customers do what they want to do and we want to use the Inspire HR with either a band or clip. We are intelligent enough to understand the limitations when using a clip, so please allow us to do it if that's what we want to do.

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Julia_G  ! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! 

Bridg-IT
First Steps

I would like to suggest a clip for the Inspire HR. I finally got my husband excited about a pedometer, but he doesn't regularly wear a watch. Also I would like to carry my Fitbit with me when I need to dress up for an event and clip it somewhere. I'm not as interested in the HR part as the ability to keep tracking steps. 

Thank you for considering! 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Bridg-IT Thanks for your suggestion to make a clip for the Fitbit Inspire HR.

We appreciate you got your husband excited about a pedometer. Since you mentioned that you are not interested in the HR part you can purchase the Fitbit Inspire and buy a clip from the Fitbit Store. If you would like to compare the features of the Fitbit products currently available, please visit this site.

I moved your suggestion to this thread since it is related to the topic.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release a clip that could be used with the Inspire HR, since we also have the option of using Inspire with a clip. We understand that various companies have released third-party clips for Inspire HR (but please be advised that any bands you find through online outlets, or otherwise, are not supported by Fitbit).

You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on Inspire 2. You can find more details here: Announcing Inspire 2.

@dkerins83, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.