A way to disable Premium features (end Premium access early)

Some way to remove premium features before the premium period or to revert to a non-premium version of the app would be extremely appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @grunthelford, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a way to disable Premium. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visi our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Cathain
First Steps

Can you please make it possible to actually cancel a free trial? Having to fully complete it if you don't like it is frustrating.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cathain, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding an immediate cancel option for free trial Premium subscription from Fitbit App. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

LokeAa
Distance Runner

I suggest you spend the next five months + to find something real to be upset about, like peace, war and stuff.

TheVinny
Strider

Thank you for the response, and sending me here to this thread, Lizzy. The Fitbit Premium marketing push to me and overall experience has not been my best experience. I knew when I purchased my new Sense 2 back in October of 2022 that it came with 6 months of free Premium. And I chose not to accept based upon Fitbit REQUIRING my credit card numbers BEFORE allowing me to even try it out for they free trial. That didn't feel right to me. And still doesn't.  It seemed too pushy. Why not allow us to try it for however long the free trial is and THENm if liked, will of course happily then give credit card information? I do believe this procedure requiring cc info before taking the free trial is a mistake in marketing. 

But then, even though I declined the offer I kept getting reminders OFTEN on my Fitbit app that I could still get the 6 months free. Then I received a notice that this was the last chance. So I thought about it and said well I'll try it and see. Only it took me 3 days to realize I just never cared for it. For example, when I click on my sleep tab I used to be able to touch any part of my sleep graph and see how long I was in deep sleep the first time as well as how long I was awake when I woke up in middle of night during any stage I touched on the graph. I found that very useful as I'd been trying tricks to cut back on middle of the night awake time as well as longer initial deep sleep times( such as using the hot tub before going to sleep at night). NOW, with Premium I cannot even do that with the sleep graph. Nowhere can you access any part of the sleep graph like I could before Fitbit Premium came along. Sure it tells you how much time OVERALL I spent awake or in deep sleep, REM mode etc., but it lumps it all together instead of allowing me to look at separate phases. In fact when I click on my sleep graph now with Premium it instead takes me to a PAGE of different sleep scores which I do not find useful or helpful. 

Also, the silly "animal" I get tagged with is always up top of my sleep page instead of the actual sleep info I'm looking for. I have to scroll past it each time I click on my sleep page now. It may be interesting to read it the first time but why am I stuck with it every time at the very top of my sleep page? Again, these are Fitbit Premium annoyances to me and why I already canceled my membership.

But NOW, in addition to all this high pressure Fitbit Premium marketing and needing to give credit card info before being allowed to even try it, now, I find out I am stuck with the Premium for 6 full months even though I already canceled. The means seeing silly animal at top of page, not having access to clicking on my sleep graph like before as well as a bunch of other features that I just don't care for or use (like video workouts, recipes, mindfulness sessions and more). 

I do appreciate your response as well as an opportunity to vent some of my feelings about the whole Fitbit Premium experience which has not been very good. I do hope Fitbit will at least give the option to go back to the non premium layout when canceling.

And I also think it would actually help them to get more people trying Premium if they did not require credit card info before the trial use. More people, I believe, would for sure try it out (that's a fact) and if liked then would buy it and also have a much happier experience overall. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.