Ability to change "low battery" notification % level

Currently I get a notification when my sense is at about 25% low battery. However I would like to have it notify me around 10% when it is more "critically low"
29 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SonjaBologna , and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about the notification of the battery level with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

nevets23
First Steps

I have the same issue with my versa 3. I have come to completely ignore the 25% warning. In fact, I just checked, and my versa 3 is currently at 11%. I'll usually charge it when it stops displaying the clock face due to the battery being too low. But I'd still like a warning when it goes below 10%

TT86
First Steps

Yes 25% notification is far too soon. This early notification also stops the watch from vibrating and hence I miss message and call notifications. I rely upon the watch vibration to alert me as my phone is usually on silent. We can also get at least another day of use before hitting10% which is when is consider charging the watch. At present I have to charge at 25% to continue getting vibration alerts.

Maybe a setting to allow the end user to decide between 10% and 25%??

doubtingben
First Steps
You get one notification that battery life is low @ 20%, and that's it.

The notification should update as the available battery life decreases.

Hey, 10% now
Hey 5%!
Hey, I'm going to sleep, zzzzz

On the other side, notifications when charge is complete would be helpful to know the device is ready for use again.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @doubtingben, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having more than one battery low notification on your Sense with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. You might also be interested in this other suggestion. Don't forget to click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

GmaDols
First Steps

I just had the same question! 25% is too high. It takes quite a while for it to get down from that to like 15% which would be much better.. I too have a tendency to ignore when I get the 25% notification... 

firedo
Stepping Up

Yes, please allow us to change the percentage for the low battery alarm (values between 5-60%).

Keep in mind that letting your Fitbit Sense to go below 20% wears out the battery much faster. You should always try to keep the battery level at 40-60% optimally (especially in long term storage). At a bare minimum it should be always over 20%. 100% is fine, as long as you don't keep it there for long periods or over-charge it (leave it to charge while already at 100%). Charging small amounts at a time doesn't harm the battery.

Once per month you should let it drain to 0% and then charge it to full 100% in one session.

This has been true for at least the last two battery technologies (Li-ion & Li-Po).

Brigg313
First Steps

Two notifications, please. One as an initial warning and the second initiates low power mode. User-configurable in increments of 5-10% would be great. My Charge 3 gave me a warning email at 1:49 this morning at about 10%. It was dead by lunch (I didn’t get an app notification and didn’t see the email until I got to work — too late to grab the charger). 

Tibirius
Jogger

hi,

I would like to lower the level currently at 25% I still have a long time before it realy needs to charge and I sometimes forget.

Maybe A first alarm (warning at a warning level default 25%) and a second alarm at 10% and repeat the second alarm at 5%.

Preferably all levels should be changeable in the settings menu or app. 

Ilana7
First Steps

I would like my notifications to start earlier, with the option of a second. I vote for letting us set one or more custom percentages.

ItsTimmm
First Steps

Agree whole heartedly with this request! 25% means another 1.5 to 2 days of battery life or my new sense. (Kudos on the battery life to Fitbit.) An option to change the warning and low battery settings so users can modify settings based how the device is working with user settings would be much appreciated. 

KaosP
First Steps

Two notifications would be great! By the time I get the email notification my battery level is too low to survive for another couple of days...and I always have my charger in the wrong location (it's at work when I'm home for the weekend, or it's at home when I'm away for the weekend)! 

AlexandrG
First Steps

Hi, with my Charge 5 I got notification once without mentioning battery level and missed it. I think there are many very busy people having no ability to react to notification quickly and/or to remember not so important event whole day. Device shut down. Disappointing.

First, level should be settable. 

Second, alarm have to be recurrent.

Thirdly, level should be reported in alarm notification and email.

As engineer dealing with products which provide customers with sufficient information,  I strongly suggest this.

Overall great product.

Thanks and best wishes in product improvement. 

LokeAa
Distance Runner
Sense2 gives a "LowBatt" notificaton when it reacjhes 35%.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LokeAa, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to change "Low battery" notification % level on your Fitbit device. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Kirkstall
Jogger

It's ridiculous to notify a low battery status when over one third of battery is still available. If the battery is supposed to have 6 days life why be prompted to recharge it after 4 days

RobinD42
First Steps

Yes, please! Let us configure the percentage(s) when the notifications are sent. A reminder that "You will need to charge your Sense 2 in two or three days."  😉 is useless, and then the continued notifications after that are just annoying. I want the notification, but it should be closer to the time where it actually is true.

Azrudi
Jogger

Hi. What's the progress with this? The original question was posted 2 years and 3 months ago, surely your programmers can work faster than that? 

Rickpa
First Steps

My Sense 2 sends a notice at 35%. I want it to be 25% like it was on my Versa 2.

RMichl
Recovery Runner
Create a functions to Set a custom value for low battery notification.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RMichl, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the ability to change "low battery" notification percentage level. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Joardar73
Recovery Runner

I know this was asked for in 2020 I'd like it as an option. I have a Sense 2 and I would like to be able to adjust when I get an alert when the battery gets low. I would also like to set multiple alerts.

Currently the app notifies you at 35% which seems high. I would like to be able to customize the levels, for example; first alert would occur at 15% with a yellow flag then again at 10% or 5% with a red flag.

efraov
First Steps

I'm fine with the 25% alert, considering that if I go out for a bike ride, it's not enough to track it all in a 25% or lower

I agree we should select the percentage and have two alerts to set up

KitEvelyn
First Steps

Yes, I agree with everyone here! On my versa 4, I'm getting low battery notifications at 40 percent. 40 PERCENT!! That is insane to me, and would much prefer a notification at around 15 percent. I'm forgetful, so if I swipe away the notification when the battery is still so high, my fitbit will die before I realized I actually need to charge it.

SRChase
First Steps

I agree that there should be a way to set the point at which you get a low battery alert. With the Versa that I just replaced, I would get a battery warning at 25%, which was good since the battery was only lasting a couple of days at that point.  With my new Versa 4, I get the warning at 35%, which is way too soon. At 35% battery remaining I probably have at least two days left of charge.  Today I might want that battery notification at 20%, and then as the battery ages and loses its ability to hold a charge, I'd like to be able to set it at a higher percentage.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.