Ability to customize the stats/apps on Inspire series

There are several functions that I do not need or want and there is currently no way to turn them off. I would normally just ignore them but my FitBit has this annoying habit of just randomly switching to something it thinks I want, when I have done nothing. It's as bad as driving a car and when you stop at a light, the car decides you want to park so it opens the door for you. I want to control my screen, what it shows, and when it shows it. Currently I can do none of this.

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity

367 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Could I not do this with the Alta?

lalalebovitz
Stepping Up

every Fitbit I have ever had has always allowed you to customize display.  I have no desire for the world to see my weight and I do to want to scroll through features I do not use.  I much prefer most information on my iPhone in private where it belongs...

scrolling is tough and hard to get used to, so to have to scroll through info I don't want to see is darn annoying.

please fix soon or I will be returning and finding another type of monitor.

Bit-Twiddler
Base Runner

I had thought selecting the measures and the order to display them was an available feature on my Blaze when first setting it up. But now, I can't find the place on the Dashboard to do that. What am I missing and is it still customizable?

JackieC23
First Steps

I am truly hoping this happens soon and there is an update for display customization on the Inspire HR. I would have strongly reconsidered upgrading to this model from my Alta HR had I known. There is something very uncomfortable and invasive about my weight and menstrual patterns being displayed on my watch screen...

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JackieC23! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @sarah654 and @Joy174, thanks for taking the time to share your idea in the Community, I think this would be a very helpful implementation for many users to have more settings for stat display. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is currently on "Reviewed by Moderator" status.

usingONE
Jogger

Please update the Inspire to allow editing of the stats shown! I "upgraded" from an Alta, but feel this is a major loss! please!

moonbunny
First Steps

Yes, this needs to be implemented very badly. I seriously don't need over half of these on my display! Please and thank you!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree with all comments in this thread. There should be an option to enable/disable stats shows and/or re-order them. I recently purchased my first ever Fitbit and I absolutely love it's functionality apart from this one aspect of it. It's annoying and I'm sure it reduces how long the battery last to have to scroll through loads of screens I'm not interested in to find the stat I need. 

Ladybug2015
Jogger
When is a Fitbit commentator going to comment on this thread? I'm getting notices almost daily that someone else has commented on this same problem. Please fix this issue!
ArielQ
First Steps

I was literally planning to buy the Inspire HR this weekend, but knowing that I can't customize the clock face or display stats has me changing my mind... sorry, FitBit, loved my Alta but this is a deal breaker, I won't be upgrading with FitBit until this is implemented.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I really don't want my weight visible on my watch, I had an alta that stopped working and was exchanged for the inspire, sorry to say it is going back as I can't remove the weight icon - disappointed

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thambos
First Steps

I just purchased an Inspire HR today to replace my Charge 2 (which has a cracked screen), and I'm surprised to find that this newer Fitbit is less customizable than my Charge 2. I thought the only difference between them would be the absence of tracking floors climbed, but now I can't even remove the calories display? Why such a step backward? As the opening post said on this thread, this can be against recommendations for people with disordered eating or otherwise seeking a healthier relationship with food. As for other customization such as displaying heart rate or active minutes in a different order, this is just logical to help people better meet their own health goals.

I noticed on another thread that even the Charge 3 doesn't allow for customizing your display. Therefore, rather than exchange this Inspire HR for a Charge 3, I plan to return the Inspire HR and stick with using my Charge 2, cracked screen and all. I'd rather have more control over how I interact with my device throughout my day, and how it helps me track my goals throughout my day, than a nicer screen.

BreAnn99
First Steps

I just "upgraded" from a charge 2 .On there I could change what I wanted to see and what order I wanted to see it in .Why did they take this feature away? I'd love to see it come back.

peipei
First Steps

Customization/personalization of the display order on the Inspire HR would be great. I was actually quite surprised that this feature was left off! Would love to be able to rearrange the order and hide certain tiles as I have been able to in previous FitBits.

Nicole1988Paul
First Steps

Really upset that the inspire doesn’t allow the customisation that I had with my Alta. I am now thinking of returning the item as this is something I found extremely useful on the atla and disappointed that for an updated/newer model something as simple as this hasn’t been included

lindsaycat
Recovery Runner

+1 to this! The first thing I tried to do when using my new Inspire HR was to reorder and customize the list of information that displays when swiping up, but it does not appear to be an option. My old Charge 2 had the ability to do this, so I'm baffled why this newer device cannot.  One of the most frustrating parts for me is having to scroll through multiple screens to locate the "how many steps walked this hour" screen, as there isn't even a clock face on the Inspire that shows that information.  I have to scroll through steps, current heart rate, resting heart rate, calories burned, active minutes, and distance walked to get to that information, every time.  That's 6 screens to scroll through just to get to the only one I feel the need to check throughout the day.  Please give us the ability to reorder and/or remove this information so we can focus on what's most relevant to us!

Mike121
First Steps

I just bought the Inspire HR today and like several people here, the first thing I did when I put my new Fitbit on was start looking for the option to change which stats show, and do not show, on the display. My last Fitbit (Alta) offered that option so I'm not sure why a newer version wouldn't. Please add this feature soon!

Mike121
First Steps

I think this feature is the same as the one requested here.

JackieC23
First Steps

Agreed! I am truly hoping this happens soon and there is an update for display customization on the Inspire HR. I would have strongly reconsidered upgrading to this model from my Alta HR had I known. There is something very uncomfortable and invasive about my weight and menstrual patterns being displayed on my watch screen...

Foxesinsockses
First Steps

Yeah, just wanted to chime in with a request for this feature. I want to be able to remove many of the stats that display on my inspire. 

Pretty confusing that you'd remove a feature other Fitbits had... This feels like a very user-unfriendly choice. Are you forcing users to look at everything now because a PM really wants to see their feature set get more usage? 😉

lindsaycat
Recovery Runner

Several of the Inspire clock faces display certain stats you can swipe through, such as date, heart rate, total steps, and calories burned.  A few even add distance and active minutes to that list.  However, none of the clock faces (even Stats Heavy) allow you to see how many steps you've taken in a given hour.  In order to see this information, you have to scroll down through the menu 7 times!

Please either:

• A) Allow us to customize which stats we want to see under the time on the existing clock faces, OR
  • B) Create more clock faces for us to choose from that have different stat options available (specifically, at least one option that shows hourly steps!)

Obviously option A would be preferred as it gives individuals more flexibility to choose the stats that are most relevant to each person, but I would settle for option B.  My old Charge 2 had at least one clock face that had steps per hour, so it seems a great oversight that Inspire does not.

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @lindsaycat ! Thanks for sharing your idea. I moved your post to this similar suggestion, so it gets the attention needed. Don't forget to leave your vote

Carlavanb
Jogger

Yes, please! I don't need a timer or a stopwatch. I'd like to be able to turn these off.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.