Ability to edit an entire food log

The food log should always allowed edit! Even if it’s not our own food! We should be able to edit every aspect instead of always needed to add a new one! And if it’s pre-log info if we were able to edit the info it would be awesome. There’s a lot of app doing that it would be nice if it was the same thing for fitbit!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @laurebm, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to edit an entire food in the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

nurselizzie
Recovery Runner

I also would like to be able to click on something I ate on a certain day and just be able to change the date to today, so I don’t have to enter the whole thing again. This would be remedied also, by being able to look up foods I have posted on the past alphabetically, since only some are shown on “recent” and “frequent”. I’m getting tired of having to type in everything over and over. I may not eat a leftover for a week(as I’ve put it in the freezer), and I go to enter it - and under both categories, and it’s not there. So I have to type it again!  Please make this simpler. 

Bunnbunn
Recovery Runner
Please please please do more with food entries. Verify nutrition details on items. There is an entry for EGGS for bloody sake that lists 3 freaking carbs. 3. Carbs. For an egg!!!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Bunnbunn, thanks for explaining why you would like to have more accurate information for your food entries. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

AngieCat
Jogger

I don’t understand why this isn’t a default feature. Half of everything I log has incorrect information so it just makes no sense that we have to even petition for this feature it should be default that everything is editable!?

Merk54
Jogger
Ability to subtract items from the food log, or post a negative entry. For example, I eat an Egg McMuffin, but in order to save calories/carbs, I only eat half of the English muffin. Now I have to individually enter the egg, cheese, bacon and 1/2 muffin separately. Would like to log the Egg McMuffin and subtract 1/2 muffin.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Merk54, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to edit an entire food or pre-log info on the food tile with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

JessAddison
First Steps

Agreed this is needed in the ap. 

VickyB18
First Steps
Update logging to allow removal of foods and allow changes to sort order.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @VickyB18, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to edit food entries. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

npketter
Jogger

In the latest update, the recent food section keeps getting longer. It's getting rediculous trying to recover anything from it.The frequent list is still useable. If the recent food list could be alphabetic, or able to be edited by deleting those foods you know you won't try again (or even keep in a date or usage lineup. As it is I find some recent items almost being shoved all the way to the end.   Again, as is, this "recent" food section has become almost unusable.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.