Ability to gift premium membership

Formally adding it to the product features database. It's something I personally would like to see, and I know many other users would as well. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Collin | Los Angeles, California

One, Charge HR, Aria - Android 5 (Moto X), Mac

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information. Help others while waiting for help!

7 Comments
zapleahy
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Love this idea! Thanks, @Collin1000

platosbeard
Jogger

I would love to give my friends a premium sub.

KristaLynn03
First Steps

I believe that thousands of people would live the ability to gift fit bit premium for a year to someone. I know I would personally love to gift it to my stepmom who has joined me on fit bit and it will push others into enjoying the app more and they will most liked continue the membership after that year

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Collin1000, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the ability to gift premium membership. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

bcopenhaver
First Steps
I find it absolutely appalling that Fitbit is advertising a Father's Day sale but does not allow you to receive the Fitbit Premium Membership (6-Month Trial) as memberships are not available as gifts. In other words, take off $50 for the smart watch purchase but force the receiver of the gift (dad) to cough up $60 for the 6-month membership. Sad.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bcopenhaver, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of purchasing the Premium membership as a gift for someone else.  This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post herethis helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

MelanieMM
First Steps

Wow, if I’m understanding this thread correctly, Collin1000 first made this suggestion back in December 2013 and somehow, in this modern age of technology, it’s taking the Fitbit moderators eight years to reply?  🤯.

I spent a good chunk of time yesterday and the day before trying to order a Fitbit on sale for my husband as a Valentines gift. And then the option to buy premium at $50 off popped up and I couldn’t resist because I’m a premium user and I knew he would like it a lot but no matter how hard I tried, there was no combination of checking off the right boxes that would successfully land me that FITBIT and premium subscription together in my cart. I spoke with four different FITBIT tech support persons who gave me various suggestions, none of which worked, and then finally I sent a comment to Fitbit through Facebook messenger and their suggestions didn’t work either. Incredibly disappointing, I think it’s pretty cool that we live in the technology era in which we do but if a girl can’t even buy her husband FITBIT and Premium subscription… That’s a shame and a slap in the face.  Their final suggestion is to have my husband logon to his FITBIT account and me make the purchase that way. How absolutely ridiculous an idea that is and the very thing I was trying to avoid. Who wants to tell somebody what their gift is, a week before the special day? Anyhow, it’s a simple thing… Figure this out so people can give people the gifts they want. Clearly FITBIT is missing out on sales and they’re OK with it.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.