Ability to play a sound in Companion API

It would be nice to be able to play a sound in the companion API. So that people can write code like "ping my device". 
Alternatively implement this as a core fitbit feature.

3 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
JonFitbit
Fitbit Developer
Fitbit Developer

Thanks for the suggestion. I think this would need to be more of a core feature suggestion though.

paperinik
Tempo Runner

Ideally it would be nice to convince Apple to add an API for "find my phone", since if the phone is muted to start with there is no way to play a sound except for using "find my phone" from a different Apple Device or the web... but... good luck with that. 🙂

bluespider
Jogger

We are developing an app which when using the sensors on the watch can detect an alertable condition (play a short haptic) and then since the haptic is rather subtle we thought let's send a message to the companion and get it to play a short audible alarm. Oh dear! Sadly there is no such support in the companion app even though all phones are obviously capable. On the phone the functionality we require is well outside the sandbox and so such a feature seems to be impossible. I would certainly vote for such a feature to be added. Its something we don't have an issue with on the other platforms!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.