Ability to remove morning after pill from Menstrual Health options

I would like the option to choose whether or not I have morning after pill on my female health dashboard. Some people do not use the morning after pill for religious reasons and quite frankly I would rather not see that option every time I log into my female health tracker.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

35 Comments
cobceo
Jogger

perhaps L Campbell it is because of the fluoride, GMOs, pharma and mickey dees that you eat that you feel that way. look up 'abortion doctor says he loves to kill babies' on youtube. Look up what a pedovore is. This place is not what we thought it was. I used to be all for abortion rights btw.... until I learned more. It is one of their rituals.

JBx4
First Steps

I am quite disappointed that the Fitbit Alta Female Health app had list under "Other Events" THE MORNING AFTER PILL.

Please remove the suggestion for an abortion and promoting the morning after pill.

Moderator edit: Topic for clarification

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @JBx4! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about removing the "the morning after pill" option.

phgjenn
First Steps

I was just writing the same comment on the community board when I saw someone else had already addressed this issue. I was shocked when I saw it and then realized I couldn't remove it. I contacted live chat and they too said it is not removable. I will choose not to use this feature unless it is updated so you can remove it from the screen. I realize this is a personal issue, which is why is should be made optional in a future update.

Thank you very much for your consideration. 

HAlys
Recovery Runner

Why not chose to ignore this, if your opinion is based upon religious or personal reasons- as many people do when others who are trying to share their beliefs that they may not agree with often do.

It is not a political agenda on the part of Fitbit- they are merely trying to cater to the many and not the few- and removing it completely would actually be a step backwards on the social aspect of how hard women have had to fight to even get some sort of contraception. Don't even start touching on the reasons as to why a woman may have to go and buy the pill- but it is 100% not an abortion pill, this has been proven. It is a surge of hormones, and does not affect the foetus if you are already pregnant.

It's absurd that people are taking it so personally- Fitbit are not attacking you personally, and as one lady said previously, somebody may find it helpful after taking the pill to track mood, hormone fluctuations, etc.

phgjenn
First Steps
As a born again Christian I believe every life is precious and designed by God. The thought of wearing a device that forces an ad for something that interferes with life is my choice whether or not to support it, and I chose not to. It shouldn’t affect you in the least, so no worries on your end. I found a Garmin replacement that does everything my fitbit did without this and it makes the world of difference for me.

In a world where “political correctness reigns” it would be nice for both sides to have a choice of being able to turn it off without removing a whole function of the app. Easy for any programmer to do.

Sent from my iPhone
Farmlady
First Steps

Yes I 100% agree; please remove this feature immediately! I am very offended by this even being added! REMOVE NOW!

AranelS
Recovery Runner

Fortunately the "morning after pill" is now known not to cause an abortion. It only prevents pregnancy if pregnancy has not already started. So unless you are opposed to all forms of contraception, there's no religious reason to object to it.

And if you do oppose all forms of contraception...that's a valid choice for yourself, but you can't expect a fertility-tracking app to not mention birth control. Just don't use it if you don't use it. Easy.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to make this change to the female health tracking feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

KennyM5
First Steps

I don't see it as a suggestion or promoting. I think most rational people see it as an option for some to more accurately track their PERSONAL health decisions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.