Ability to set Reminders to Move for weekend and weekdays

I'd like to suggest to have a weekend and weekday choice to set my "Reminders to Move" steps. I am not as active during the weekday because of my sit down job but on weekends I like to move alllll day. So I would like to modify my hours of activity by weekend and by weekdays. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

17 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Aturnbow13, thanks for sharing this feature suggestion. 

Having the option to adapt the reminders to move depending on the day, sounds good. I'm glad to hear what other users think! 

sarawithanh
Recovery Runner

I even think a "per day" option would be best. That way those who work Tue-Sat and have Sun Mon off; or have random schedules where they different days off each week could specify it to their schedule - Not just weekday/weekend. Personally I don't have a job and like to alternate my active days, so again, having a "per day" option so I could set how active on I want to be every Monday vs every Tuesday would be great.

kathibbert
First Steps

This would be great. I wake up so much earlier on weekdays and most of my activity on weekends is much later than during the week. It would be nice to be able to customize that.

Aturnbow13
Jogger

Yes! It would be great, how can we get Fitbit to do this feature now without having to buy the next one developed? 

SBCougars10
First Steps

I would like to see that you can just change it every day without having to "set a schedule."  No day is the same for me at work so I may start my day around 6am or sometimes not until later. I might also have appointments and errands to run in the morning so I may not be able to be active until later in the day.

KYkat
Stepping Up

I work the midnight shift and start my day around 6 pm on one day but end it around 10 am the next. The current programming will not let me set my activity hours to span both days. So I lose the 5 hrs before midnight which is sometimes my more active time. So I would really like the option of more customization.

gq61
Jogger

My Fitbit Charge 2 no longer allows different hours to be set each day. Until the latest upgrades, either to firmware or app, I was able to tell it on Saturday use 6A to 8P and pA - 11P on Sunday and then 7A to 9P Mon-Fri. It would record my efforts without fail. It also did not alter the previous days hours based on what I set it for today. Why did you take this excellent feature away? As I see it, no point in trying to get 14 of 14 anymore. People have different schedules throughout the week. Each day should save as it was set to the profile. Tomorrow is a new and wonderful day!  Thanks for reading and please bring it back.

Smartipants84
Jogger

I agree with the per day idea.  I'm on my feet and moving almost my entire work day and would love to challenge myself with a higher step count, but I don't even come close to making those numbers on my days off.

HegeLS
Jogger

I would love this. I agree with the per day idea, because as mentioned by others my off-days and workdays differ 

Nikki_AC
Jogger

I find the Sleep Score feature frustrating because it will show a score I feel is not at all an accurate reflection of how I actually slept and felt after waking. I detest it and am dismayed that Fitbit rolled this out to users without the option to opt out. Hopefully this will be rectified or else it’s time to look at something different soon. 

Nikki_AC
Jogger

Disregard my post above - I was on my mobile and it posted to the wrong group. I’m glad some people find the feature useful and are making good suggestions about it. Sorry for the error!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have a sedentary job and sometimes spend an hour at a time on a conference call.  I would love to be able to set a goal of, e.g. 10 hours PERIOD, not 10 consecutive hours that I have to specify in advance.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 😊

SuffolkFox
Recovery Runner
During the week, I get up early so I can work out before work. Typically I start working out at 6am so I have my reminders to move set to start at that time.

HOWEVER

During the weekend, I prefer to start my day a little later. So I would simply love to change my weekend 'Reminders to Move' to start at 0700 (or maybe a bit later!)
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SuffolkFox, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to set Reminders to Move for weekend and weekdays. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

robinburke
First Steps
It would be nice to have a different schedule for active hours on weekdays vs weekend days. E.g. setting my schedule to get 250 steps an hour as 7-3 on weekdays and 9-5 on weekends
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @robinburke, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the ability to set Reminders to Move for weekend and weekdays. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.