Ability to toggle off the fertility monitor

The new women's health monitor is awesome. However, there is no option to turn off the fertility monitor so that one can simply track menstrual cycles. As a woman who is unable to have children, I still like the feature of tracking cycles, but the fertility window is useless and frustrating for someone like me. I'm sure it's very helpful for others, so it would be very nice to add a feature to that part of the app that gives users the option to turn off the fertility window monitor. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Wendelink
Jogger

Since an option for birth control is "Sterilization", it might be nice to automatically default the fertility window to "off" when that is selected.  I, too, have been wanting an option to turn off the fertility window since the new tile was released.  My sterilization was a choice, but it is not for others, it is a very painful reminder to see the "fertility window" appear on the app. 

I have found the period tracking extremely helpful, and do not want to get rid of the predictions for this (it actually came in handy while I was packing for a trip, and ended up being fully prepared due to the reminder on my app), but having both predictions tied to the same toggle is frustrating.

TallGal
Jogger

Yes! Please create a way to turn off fertility tracking. I want to track my period but have no interest in having it tell me I’m fertile. I cannot have children, I’m not trying to get pregnant, and I really don’t want to be counting down the days until ‘fertile’. I do want to have a good way for tracking periods and being reminded when a period is soon. Women are more than breeding stock.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration.

Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Status changed to: Released
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this was released for Female Health Tracker in the fall. @Pixiestixchick, as you've submitted a high quality suggestion that was released, you will now receive a higher voting weight worth 5 votes. Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community. Please enjoy the new feature!

TPayne1983
Jogger

Hey, that's a really cool idea. Can someone tell you if this function is already implemented? I now want to go back to fitbit and I'm really interested in it. I recently did a sterilization and my husband cystoscopy, so this feature will be literally useless to me. To be honest, I would not mind if we added the ability to disable several more functions. They are rarely used, but they consume battery power. If it were possible to disable them, it would be possible to greatly increase the operating time of the device. I think I will make a list of such functions and create a separate thread in order to publish this list. I hope the moderators like this idea!

user2000
First Steps

So when will there be a way to get your app to stop showing me the shrugging woman with the message that my fertile window can’t be predicted? I don’t need to be reminded that I’m infertile. I have five years of traumatic memories and perimenopause for that. I still want to track my menstrual cycle though. Thanks!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.