Ability to track amount of active hours regardless of the time

Instead of select which hours i want to be active let me select how MANY hours i want to be active. Regardless of the Time of the day.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

13 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Hugo1. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to track your active hours regardless of the time of the day with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

JCBMYTram
First Steps

I am 70 years old and am often up by 6:30 am. By 9am I have logged over 1000 steps but they are not counted in the 250 steps per hour.  Also I often get up in the middle of the night and cant sleep so I do housework.  Also by late afternoon I am winding down and do not log as many steps.  I would like to see 250 steps per hour recorded no matter what time it is.  So if I get 250 steps at 3 am and 6 am and 7 am and 8 am then I want 4 out of 9 recordings of 250 steps per hour.  Thank you for your consideration.

Simoesimpson
First Steps

I love this idea! Its a problem i have with these sorts of apps. I am a shift worker. I can do 8am to 5pm one day, then 5pm to 2am the next. It would make my goals actually achievable 

JennaJean
Stepping Up

I also agree, I have the same issues often with steps not counted where they should

Bambs
First Steps

I love my Fitbit but I have 1 major problem. I am a 3rd shifter and my time awake is during the night regardless if I work or not. The daily reminders to move can only be done during the DAY! I've tried everything to try and trick it into being thinking night is day but I just can't. Is there anyway to fix this issue so I could keep reminders but for the time I'm actually awake?

franciswss
Recovery Runner

I think the activity or active time should be set to 24 hours. So every hour a person is active with more than 250 steps a minute will be recognize as an active hours.  This would be helpful cause rotating shift and odds hours work.

franciswss
Recovery Runner

Yes please enable this to the 24 hours and let the system just mark active hours those that have been active. Or like the person suggested to any hours I want.  The way it is now affect shift workers. Example today I get up at 5 PM after working overnight. But before that walk like 3 hours or four. Then from 5 pm walk up to 11 pm was active.  The way it is now I would have to ignore some active hours to move the window.

Kirk_Birdman
First Steps

I also have the problem that I sleep into the afternoon and am up past midnight.  I originally thought that the improvement that should be made was to allow the specification of a range extending from before midnight to after midnight with your software assuming the earlier ending time was the next day, but the suggestion other people are making here sounds even better.  The number of active hours should be able to be specified, rather than the range.

MamaBear1973
First Steps

As someone who works 7p-7 or 8 am, having the ability to show my active hours at any time would be nice.  Some of my days off I'm up during the day but some I keep my night hours. Having a 24 hour time to show active hours would be helpful.

Adibarra
First Steps

This would be very helpful! I get stuck in meeting and miss my daily goals by missing one hour! Usually I'm only about 5 minutes late!

Adibarra
First Steps

This would be very helpful! I get stuck in meeting and miss my daily goals by missing one hour! Usually I'm only about 5 minutes late! It would also help me get more per day! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Exactly. Nobody REALLY cares WHICH hours they did 250 steps, they just want to know that they did it for a certain number of hours each day. It’s no less healthy to have slept in (or gotten up early) on Sunday and “missed” one of your designated active hours, but made it up outside that arbitrary window.

DieselDog616
First Steps

I also would like to see this feature created.  It's silly, but missing one or two activities really is demotivating and disheartening; yes, I do want the smiley face, but I'm more interested in filling the dots (being a completion-ist).  I'm in technical sales and I could be driving for an hour to a customer or in an hour long meeting where I just can't get up and say...wait, I've got to get 250 steps 🙂  This would definitely be a great improvement if it can be implemented.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.