Ability to turn Bluetooth Classic on from the Music Control screen

If Bluetooth Classic is currently turned off and you double tap the home button it brings up a screen that says it is "Not Connected" with the upper right button to dismiss the message.

I propose that you add the ability to turn Bluetooth Classic on with the lower right button. That way even if you forgot to turn BT Classic on before you started your run, you can still turn it on without stopping the run, going into settings, etc. ...

It would be much easier to be able to turn it on right from the "Not Connected" screen.

And on top of that it would be great if there was an option to have BT Classic automatically turn off after x minutes of inactivity to save battery life.

Moderator Edit: Added labels

4 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 Smiley Happy

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree with you @Michael! I don't like to stop while exercising, and this will make easier to turn the Bluetooth Classic on. I'll definitely pass this on to the rest of the team to review.

Thanks for sharing such a great idea.

deepest
Recovery Runner

+ 1

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.