Ability to turn off the Premium subscription ads

As a many year/model user of Fitbit products (currently using the Versa 2), I find it extremely irritating that I constantly have to see prompts about updating to Premium.  I've spent lots of $$ through the years on your products and have no desire to purchase a Premium subscription.  There needs to be a way that the end-user can opt out of seeing these prompts.  

Ex: when I click on my sleep score in the app.  Every single day I see "Sleep Score Details - Join Fitbit Premium to see details about your sleep quality and start your journey to better sleep.  TRY PREMIUM".  I'm not at all interested and despise that I have to see that prompt every day.  There needs to be something I can interact with to say "no thank you" and then no means no.  Stop prompting me.

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

43 Comments
klrichards
Base Runner

I've been dealing with Fitbit via email about this issue.

Here the latest replay

@zredsox Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I've merged your post here because it's related to the topic. 

@klrichards Thanks for the screenshot. Currently, it's not possible to remove this message from your app. However, we always welcome feedback, you may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, the status of them changes based in Fitbit's plans. 

So Fitbit put on the App to make more money but refuse to take it off.

Thanks Fitbit, after years (Joined 2015) of loyal service that's it!

Your not the only company who make Fitness tackers and before I buy or recommend  you aging I will be looking else where.

My Fitbit blog

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-Premium-Coach/Premium-Ads-on-Fitbit-App/m-p/4176012/highlight...

Keith

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @PPLOSKI. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to turn off the Premium subscription ads with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

JBr6
First Steps

Absolutely agree. The constant premium prompt is making me look into other devices & platforms.  Let us turn it off. 

danig8
Recovery Runner

I agree.  I am also looking into other platforms because I find these ads so annoying.

Atarykris
Jogger

I hate the popups that come up on my dashboard almost every time I open the app.  The one today was blue and called mindfulness.  Help said there's no way to disable and to just click the x to close.  I don't want to have to click the x to close.  I want to disable so they don't interfere with me looking at my dashboard.  The thumbs up and thumbs down don't do anything either.

klrichards
Base Runner

Hi all,

Maybe Fitbit should make the mobile app pay for an advert free app?

Like so many apps you have to pay for no adverts, so a way for Fitbit to make money would be to annoy everyone

with adverts about Premium, then charge you to get rid of it.

Keith 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

<script>alert(9)</script>

ajayshay
First Steps

yes, having tried premium and deciding to cancel it, i still see the premium ad in the center of my screen when i look at my sleep and i have to scroll past it every single day. how does this make sense? i tried it, i canceled it because i didn’t like it, and now i have no choice but have it marketed to me and waste my time every time i want to check my sleep??? insulting, disrespectful. i don’t feel like fitbit cares about me at all.

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi, @Atarykris , Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion. As this idea already exists I moved yours here. Please don't forget to leave your vote. 

Please keep sharing your ideas. 

KYG
Jogger

When my Versa 2 dies I will be definitely looking elsewhere.  Sick of the high pressure sales and terrible customer service.  I have been a loyal Fitbit user and promoter for over 5 years but the lack of customer service and constant ads have taken their toll.  I’m out.

AaronSentell
First Steps

For the love of God, please remove this stupid advertisement. What company in their right mind, in their attempts to make more money, would want to do something to annoy their existing customers every single day? 

MercyL
First Steps

Just got off the phone with a fitbit rep. Registered complaint about Premium pop ups! Will cancel business with this company when and I mean it, they start piping up on an older version on the software for my phone! Thankfully I saved an older version of Fitbit software on.my phone and so far no pop ups! O can only hope that someone in charge isn't so stupid as to oh ore they very people that support thier products! My two cents... And without ads either! With all the problems we now have we get this nonsense.... It never ends! Send in the next clown car!!!

Celticmom
Jogger
Please remove the ads from food log. They are intrusive and unwanted. I would prefer to see my personal log of daily intake that I have carefully planned not ads for premium content.

Yes please do remove. The only thing this feature enhances is my desire to change platforms.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Celticmom. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to turn off the Premium ads from the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

MercyL
First Steps

Premium Ads Solved!! Uninstalled the latest version of FitBit and installed version 2.58! I realize that if FitBit sees this post they will probably spam that version as well, but if they do I will dump this device like a bad habit!! Anyway go online and search for version 2.58. 

LoneStarState
Recovery Runner
OMG. Fitbit is now using the phone app as a platform to spam it's customers with unwanted messages.
Just about every time I open the app it pops up a message reminding to do something or sell me upgraded services and the same messages keep popping up. I guess the think if they barrage you enough time you will buy the service.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LoneStarState, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the ability to turn off the Premium subscription ads. You can also vote for this other suggestion: Removing Ads from App. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

cocobee63
First Steps
allow the option to remove images of and suggestions of types of food when logging calories on the fitbit app
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @cocobee63, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to turn off the Premium subscription ads. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Lusiaczek
Recovery Runner
Some people have no section like health and wellness and therefore aren't allowed to turn them off even though they didn't set them at the first place.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lusiaczek, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to turn off the Premium subscription ads. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Lusiaczek
Recovery Runner

@YojanaFitbit Sorry to hear that.

Today I found a solution and shared with the others. 

It's not even premium. 

Sorry to hear misinformation one more time... 

andreas1001
First Steps

It is very disappointing to learn that it is still not possible to disable these ads. I am cancelling my fitbit subscriptions, and will be replacing the tracker with a competing product once the fitbit fails

MercyL
First Steps
I use an older version which don't try to pick your pocket. If they invade that I will also dump this tracker. Sad how stupid people can be 
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.