Ability to turn off the Premium subscription ads

As a many year/model user of Fitbit products (currently using the Versa 2), I find it extremely irritating that I constantly have to see prompts about updating to Premium.  I've spent lots of $$ through the years on your products and have no desire to purchase a Premium subscription.  There needs to be a way that the end-user can opt out of seeing these prompts.  

Ex: when I click on my sleep score in the app.  Every single day I see "Sleep Score Details - Join Fitbit Premium to see details about your sleep quality and start your journey to better sleep.  TRY PREMIUM".  I'm not at all interested and despise that I have to see that prompt every day.  There needs to be something I can interact with to say "no thank you" and then no means no.  Stop prompting me.

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

43 Comments
Kitkatkathy
Stepping Up

Please Please turn off the premium ads. I will be leaving Fitbit if this continues much longer.                    

Isn't enough we allow you to  mine our data.

It  shouldn't always be about money.

MercyL
First Steps
I have an older version that is working for me! This is someone who thinks
we are stupid. But you annoy me, you give me unsolicited ads and junk
emails. I will never ever give you another dime! Thats how stupid we need
to show them that we really are. Whoever does this is a disgrace to
business... A total scumbag.
sulew
Jogger

Really pisses me off. I am paying for Premium and yet I still get upsell messaging to "Explore Premium." That's pretty weak and insulting.

DustyOranges
First Steps
As people noted two years ago for Android, please remove the Premium ad from the sleep screen you recently put on there.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DustyOranges, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to turn off the Premium subscription ads. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums. 

Runner0621
Runner

Greetings!  Can someone please tell me how to remove this advertisement? 

Is there a way I can roll back the app to an earlier version that did not have this (and then stay there)?  Where would I find instructions for that or can someone please message me.  It is bad enough that Fitbit has chosen to put some of the data they collect from us behind a paywall. 

I won't be subscribing to Premium regardless of how many times the advertisements are shown to me. Fitbit, you need to treat your low-income customers with more respect than this!!!! I know Fitbit will not help me with this, but hopefully there is knowledgeable user here who can direct me. It's one thing for there to be an unobtrusive thing that I can look at and dismiss, but this is offensive.  It impairs the usable of the product.  I need to be able to make it go away now!

Today when I tried to look at my sleep data I saw this.  So far I have not found a way to stop seeing this. I do not have "premium" and I do not wish to have it as I cannot afford it.  I need for this to be able to dismiss this intrusive ad.  I don't have time to look at some kind of lengthy explanation of some kind of new thing that involves animals and then maybe (but probably not) stop seeing this.  I need to be able to dutifully look at it and then make it go away.  This hinders the usability of the app.  What were you thinking, Fitbit!?  I bought this device, and that should be enough.  If Fitbit needs to shill the "premium" thing that I do not want, that's fine, but please let me look at the advertisement and then dismiss it.  It should be a very basic principle that you do not want to completely ruin the customer experience.

Thank you.

Screenshot_20220705-202757_Fitbit.jpg

Moderator Edit: Merged posts and word choice.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Runner0621, thanks for taking the time to share this request about removing Premium advertisements from the sleep section. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I've moved it into a similar petition. Don't forget to click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs

Thank you again for your participation in the Fitbit Forums.

DarrelK
Jogger

I concur with the many posters and up-voters that don't want to be constantly pestered with Premium up-selling ads. An option to opt-out would be greatly appreciated. At the very least, opting to not be bothered more than once a month or once a week would seem to make sense. Being notified every time I use the phone app is just excessive. I know what Premium has to offer and I'm not interested.

Secondly, the post by @Runner0621, does refer to a related — but different — issue. The particular Premium promotion shown it their post is not dismissible — no 'X' to tap and swiping has no effect. That simply need to be fixed.

DustyOranges
First Steps

Fitbit claims they "rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see." How many comments did Fitbit receive asking for Premium ads before they were recently added to ios? Users have been sharing feedback for two years they don't want to see these ads in the sleep screen then Fitbit added it this past weekend?

Digitl
First Steps
I would like the premium ads removed. I didn’t buy a nice device to have it fill 1/4 of the screen with your ads to purchase your software. Please remove them or I will remove my device and find a new one.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Digitl, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about removing the Premium ads from the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post hereThis will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Your feedback is truly appreciated and please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

troy_hatley
First Steps

Ugh, this has been an issue for years, ugh.  

With a recent update, for me the add consumes almost 1/3 of my screen and I can't even see my sleep data for today.

FITBIT, come on...  If this doesn't change I'll likely find a different ecosystem. 😥

Screenshot_20220821-083323.png

Runner0621
Runner

@troy_hatley     I saw today that the Apple Watch's sleep tracking has tested as superior to any of the fitbit devices, and they do NOT require a subscription.  The watch costs more, of course.

dween
Jogger

It is annoying, and more important it takes away from the purpose of the app.

Perhaps the should replace "it" with a banner, like other apps? Present, but not taking 1/3 of the available screen space?

realhuman
Jogger

I find this frustrating as well. I have a new fitbit, but I didn't realize it would have permanent ads wasting my time and attention and making the experience worse. I'm considering returning it, I don't need ads or offensively designed software in my life.

dmcduck
Jogger

Why if this has been a complaint has FitBit never seen fit to address it???  This is ANNOYING!!!!  FitBit, LISTEN to your customers!!!!

CrustyE
Stepping Up
Please take away the permanent ‘premium’ ads.
🙏🏻
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CrustyE, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to turn off the Premium ads on the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.