Ability to use Chest Strap Heart Rate Monitor or foot pods

I like that the Charge HR and Surge have the ability to monitor heart rate via the wrist based optical monitor, but from what I have gathered, it sounds like all wrist based optical heart rate monitors have poor accuracy at high intensity workouts.  It would be great if fitbit had a product that had a wrist based heart rate monitor, but would switch to using a chest strap heart rate monitor if one was detected.  Any chance that the firmware/software on the Charge HR and/or Surge could be updated to use a bluetooth chest strap heart rate monitor? 

Moderator edit: labels and title.

332 Comments
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to see a Fitbit chest strap to monitor your heart rate with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time.  To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Melis61875
Jogger
Make a compatible chest strap accessory for the watch faces.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Melis61875, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the ability to use chest strap Heart Rate accessory with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Ob123
First Steps
A heart rate chest strap comparable to those made by Polar and Garmin in order to stop fitbit users jumping ship to the aforementioned brands.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Melis61875, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the ability to use Chest Strap Heart Rate Monitor. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Ophi
First Steps
The possibility to sync a chest strap for heart rate monitoring, for especially heavier workouts, since the optical HR-monitor is not as accurate in high intensity workouts.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ophi, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the ability to use Chest Strap Heart Rate Monitor with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Sarah2812
Jogger
A separate chest rate monitor that syncs with Fitbit or a chest strap that would fit existing tracker
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Sarah2812. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to use a chest heart rate monitor that syncs with the Fitbit. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Vubar
First Steps
How many people need to request a chest strap or the ability to sync with third parties, before you do it?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Vubar, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync with chest strap heart rate monitor. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might be also interested in voting for this other suggestion: Allowing Sync with Polar H7.

Hingane
Base Runner
Fitbit need its own heart rate chest monitor
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Hingane, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use chest strap heart rate monitor . This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Jeff1965
Recovery Runner
The Fitbit app (using a Charge 4) is Good for displaying the rest heart rate and low to moderate exercise heart rates. High intensity exercise is innacurate when using the Charge 4 so I use a heart strap. Allow heart straps to integrate with Fitbit app so High intensity exercise has accurate hr.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jeff1965, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to sync a heart rate strap with the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

KatieFitButt
First Steps
Ability to use a Chest strap Heart rate monitor. I probably would have bought three or four fitbits in the last few years if this was an option. How much money does Fitbit want to miss out on because off grossly inaccurate Hr during high intensity workouts.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @KatieFitButt, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use Chest Strap Heart Rate. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

ToysSamurai
Jogger
Please make a tracker that isn't shaped like a watch! It can be a ring, a chest or arm strap, or even a legcuff.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ToysSamurai, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to use a chest strap model to track stats instead of using a watch. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

You might al so interested in these other suggestions: Fitness Tracking Ring (for Hand) and Upper Arm Bands and Fobs style strap for Fitbit devices.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

EliseS2
First Steps
I have purchased 4 fitness trackers from you (Sense, Charge 5, and 2 Inspire 2). The optical heart rate sensor is not accurate at elevated pulse rates. I like your product and am fine with having a heart rate strap but if you aren't going to allow syncing with your app, my next purchase will be a brand that will.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @EliseS2, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about syncing with heart rate straps. I've moved it into a similar request. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Thapeloa
First Steps
During workouts my Fitbits heart rate data is not as accurate as my ECG chest strap, I use a different app to track my work with accurate heart rate data but can't import that workout with the heart rate data into Fitbit. This is all possible on the new Garmin vivo smart 5 which unfortunately came out a month after I bought my premium Fitbit 5
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Thapeloa, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the ability to connect with chest strap heart rate monitor. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

You might be also interested in this other suggestion: Import heart rate data from Concept2 chest strap.

NateHayes
First Steps
I know there's already a feed for this but I can't add a comment there. Please add a way to get a correct heartrate during vigorous exercise. This is a reasonable request. I have already stopped using my Fitbit, but will be discontinuing permanently if this issue isn't fixed.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @NateHayes, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to use an external heart rate monitor that syncs with Fitbit with us. Because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Even though this request isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time, so please add your vote if you haven't done so and watch this space for status updates.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.